Friday, March 8, 2024

Why I Was Sent to the Dormitory of Boys

Dear readers, this is a new post as promised, my story on why I was sent to Boys dormitory in around August 1992 to Cotonou/ Benin. I do not write a lot anymore. I think sharing in a different way save me time because it takes time even filming and editing. By the way, Today was a good day and I want to thank my dear friend Joe Francis who came to my youtube channel live invitation. He really took time to connect as it was 6 PM in Kigali Rwanda and it was 10 Am for me. I learned so much from our discussion. I did not know all the challenges his organization faces when it comes to Education. especially for girls in some countries of Africa. How parents in those countries are really not letting their girls go to school. I didn't know it still happened in 2020's years. I learned term like Edupreneur as he also worked as Education USA officer and American Spaces Director and cultural Affairs Assistant at the US embassy. I am telling you I was like wow! Yes, he studied English in London and he specialized also in American culture (Black America precisely) He also went to further his studies at Stellenbosh University in South Africa. Before Education he worked as a journalist in my country, then he embarked in the role of all this! So thank you Francis for your time and such simplicity of heart. Our next meet/ discussion we will have a student of his organization and him. But for now, next week I will have my friend Schelsea in my youtube live, we will discuss teaching African women the importance of saving money and teach our children to learn about saving in their very young age. Teaching them to earn their money by doing chores at home and get paid for it. She recently opened a little association of women entrepreneur. She is a nurse but since she embarked in the journey of entrepreneurship, she found out that she also has skills for finances. lol!! LiFE IS SPECIAL so interesting. She wrote a book about how to go study in America and how to save money while being an international student. She is very dynamic and interesting person. Without further ado this is my story. Let's first go back from the beginning and the History checked. (You know that I like History)
The uprisings, the strikes, the time of fear... in my country I talked about some stories of it in my previous videos. the ones of "The Legend of Fantomas" I explained about something like that... Even I missed my country so much when I left.
My experience living at the Boys dormitory was way better than at the girls. it was my first times... I will do a video of books that I liked and read ๐Ÿ“š
Thank you for reading and see you on my next post about the Girls Dorm in Cotonou. You can visit my other blog at www.poshenvogue.com I know I didn't write there for a while but I will soon when I get time. The inspiration is different there... I close this post with a song sung by of a well known African singer from Benin, ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฏ Angelique Kidjo who I like a lot. She is so talented! I grew up listening to her since my young age in Gabon. She won a Grammy awards and many recognitions in the Music world and industry. I don't know if she has already performed at the Carnegie Hall. (Which I believe she did yes) I should check it too. In this video, she was invited to a live concert at Dakar in Senegal. Africa live. She sang "Malaika" a very well known song of Miriam Makeba (also called Mama Africa) a very talented performer from South Africa. She was sent into asylum for decades during the time of Apartheid. Miriam Makeba had her country's citizenship taken away from her because she stood against this vicious system. She became a citizen of the world. She mostly lived in America and other countries Africa. When Nelson Mandela was released from jail, she told him that they should forgive and move on for the peace of the country. Malaika is in Swahili ,language found in East Africa. Miriam Makeba said herself that it comes from Tanzania. Do not ask me when the song was released. I cannot know at all. I was a child when Miriam Makeba was performing that song. I watched her on TV she was simply beautiful. I just know that it was an old African song. We don't know who made that song first. It is about a promise of love and the lover is a man who calls his woman Malaika (meaning my angel) he promises her many things even though he does not have a lot. That was the real love of the old days people. The real one. sincerity and dedication. I leave it there. When I listen to this song my heart melt and I want to cry. If this song does not move you, then I don't know what to do... Thank you Miriam Makeba, rest in peace. Rest in peace beautiful soul. Your life has NOT been easy at all And thank you Angelique Kidjo who is now our Mama Africa. Dear readers, enjoy "Malaika "
Thank you I send you love ❤ too. Bye...

No comments:

Post a Comment