Thursday, February 8, 2024

Tucker Carlson/ Putin interview 2024

(Picture source: CNBC) The interview that made people agitated and talked a lot these past few days! and we dont know why? Lol! Seriously,what Tucker carlson did, makes me believe in professional journalism again. Few years ago, I was complaining about journalism . It seems like journalists are asked and paid to say what is told to say. I myself dreamt to be a journalist when I was young but seeing this made me doubt about doing it. To me journalists are not supposed to tell us what or how we are supposed to think but help us analyzing, thinking on our own with facts! it becomes more and more like propaganda instead of free speech and it worries me a lot. But that initiative for that interview was awesome! You always need both sides of the story right? A journalist is supposed to be neutral, search for facts and information and share like it is to the public. To inform the public. Now you are able to think on your Own! It is interesting how Putin first gave an historical look on the situation before going into the subject and for me, who likes History, that was very important. That part marked me a lot. You have to know the historical facts before making any conclusion. it is also interesting to see that the man who has been portrayed in a very very negative way, is ...not what they said he is. From what I saw: The man is calm, well-composed, full of cultural knowledge. He did not look like a threat to me but instead respectful with common sense. A smart individual. And he had somehow tried numerous times to find ways for settle peace in conflicts. This is not what has been told to us. shake my head... but now I have many questions... what's going on exactly? See? we are learning a lot through this exchanging conversation. I always tell people to know the political policy overseas of their countries. many are surprised bc if ignorance. you need to know what your country does outside. Putin also talked about the BRICS, China... I mean, everything! the war in Ukraine, NATO, the political exchange or relations with America. He even talked about religion ( the orthodox faith I think...) I mean that was interesting! In case you miss it! This is the exclusive interview we were all waiting for. (the interview is now translated in French too)

No comments:

Post a Comment