Saturday, February 24, 2024

Human Nature

Tonight I really feel compelled to talk about Human Nature and do not ask me why. It just happens in my heart. Sometimes I feel like writing something or listening to a specific song. And Human Nature is a whole vibe. Ok! Let me describe it like I always did in few words: I imagine myself somewhere by night, in NYC the Big Apple, standing on a balcony and I have this beautiful panorama of the city. I feel the wind blowing on my face and my hair. I enjoy the music while drinking a good glass of wine or champagne. This song is so addictive and I have always asked myself why? What makes this song such a masterpiece that embodies the talent or should I say the beauty of Michael Jackson's voice. I went on to do some research on the origin of this song. Why and how it all started. Because to me it had to be something special about that and guess my surprise! What I learned is: Steve Porcaro of the well known group Toto is the one who first composed and wrote Human Nature. I was like wow! But it is even more interesting because you won't believe what made him write and compose that song. This is what is said from sources exactly:"He wrote the song when his first-grade daughter came home crying after a boy pushed her off the slide. He tried to explained the situation with three reasons for the incident to comfort her: the boy liked her, people can be strange, and it's "human nature". I just wonder if that little girl who is certainly now a woman knows that she is the reason on this song 🎵 originally? I mean yes, she was the inspiration behind Human Nature.
So now tell me how come a song written for a little girl became so iconic and timeless? Well, this is the beauty of talent and inspiration. You cannot explain it. It didn't stop there because I read that later on, Quincy Jones (Who worked a lot with MJ at the time) accidentally fell into the demo in what we used to call at the time in French, audio cassette. Porcaro was supposed to give him a work of a project in music which he did but by the time Quincy was listening to that music project he did not know that there was the auto reverse of the audio casssette. Meaning that while he was busy doing his things I guess in his home office he fell into the demo of Human Nature. I imagine he was dressed casual and relax drinking a glass of wine. So when he listened to the demo, guess his reaction: He was moved and he was impressed. He knew at that moment that the song would be a masterpiece with MJ's voice on it. Ok! to me, I believe that he fell into something like this:
Seriously this is addictive! Itv seems like the music instrumental is singing on its own and that music talks to you already. This is amazing! I mean... I went to see on youtube how Porcaro worked on it. It is amazing! I guess Quincy, like us, could not stop listening to it and that can explain why he asked Porcaro to finish the composition, to finish and refine the lyrics because he knew the world would be taken to another level. I think he jumped on it and he also called MJ to quickly start a recording session. Because yes, MJ was the perfect fit for it. I imagine that he called him by night and MJ was probably on his bed watching a movie with a bowl of pop corn and a Pepsi can put somewhere. So when he picked up the phone with his little voice saying: "Hi Quincy! Something on your mind?" (JUst my imagination I precise here) Quincy when he heard the tone of his voice again, was convinced that he was the right person for Human Nature. So you have three geniuses in music who worked together on this song and no wonder why it is one of the best of MJ for sure. I was amazed when I first watched him performed Human Nature at Wembley in London's stadium. The mythic Wembley I know yes. The way MJ performed this song is amazing. All and really all because of a little girl. Ok! We should thank her, we should thank Steve Porcaro, Quincy Jones and Michael Jackson for they have given to us a timeless masterpiece. There will not have that kind of music again. So all this work gives you this:
Human Nature is from the 'Thriller" Album released in November 1982. Yep! I was a baby of two years when the album was released and successful. I told you the 80's was a Vibe! Thank you MJ for this beautiful song and to share your talent to the world. Rest in Peace you are missed forever.
It sounds crazy but to me Human Nature and the Big Apple 🍎 are connected in a way. To me they will always be one story together ❤ when I listen 🎶 to this song, I think NYC. Few years ago, I was walking by night at Times Square and I played that song in my earphones on repeat mode. Thereis something you can't explain but you simply experience it. I felt like I was in another world. If I am not wrong it all started there at the Big apple. I was like: now I get it! Thank you for reading. I really wanted to share it with you tonight. I hope you learned something...I don't know. I am going to end here and I will be going to take a glass of wine and listen to Human Nature. Hey! guys. A little update for this post. I found the original demo made by Steve Porcaro. Here it is! enjoy and Good night!
My other blog: www.poshenvoguecom

No comments:

Post a Comment