Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Students' Thanking Letters


Hello! Everyone
I think you remember that few weeks ago I wrote a post about a students' project on immigration in a school. My friend who is a teacher invited me for this program twice. First as a guest speaker to talk about Gabon my country (the video is still in my post "Memories of Gabon" for who those have not read and watch it yet) and also as a guest attending their presentation of countries of their choices. Some students were actually from here and others were from other international countries. It was a very good project that my friend created at her school. It helped her students having another opinion of people living abroad and what it means to speak another language. Beside, they learn another language in this program.
    I think the project was brilliant! I have to say that I was amazed by their questions but also by their presentations as well.  They definitely did a great job! They felt like being a part of these countries that they were presenting and they hope to visit them someday. As for me, I am still on this international project things. I will be working on my free times, with high school international students coming from different parts of the globe. They will be coming in America to learn English in some schools and I will mentor them because I  have been an international student myself  three times in my life. I know what it means to be living with host families. I can give good advice, I am good at listening when there is conflict etc. I have a good experience on all these experiences. I know the challenges of communicating in another language, the culture differences, struggling to be understood, the food etc.I went through all that since my early age.
 I am so much into the kind of activities related to international exchange in my free times.
I hope to be able to talk to you about it more and the organization that created the project. They have been working on it for years now. International students come to live in different part of the cities in different States with host families. They will learn American English and the culture for like a year. Then, they will go back to their home countries with all this amazing experience. They usually come from Brazil, Spain, Germany, Emirates, Japan, China and many other countries of the world. I hope to share more about this organisation maybe some of you will be interested. Well, about my recent experience that I was talking about these are the thanking letters. I read in English but I speak in French for my French readers. You can also see their presentation in my previous recent post  in my blog.

I was really moved by their letters and creativity. I felt like I brought a little bit of something from the outside. I like how curious they were about my country but I saw they had more interest in the wildlife. I felt like they learned a lot. I was blessed to have these letters and I keep them.
And this is the last video
And thank you for visiting my blog today. I see you in a new post soon!
50 Faits sur le Gabon/ Partie 1

Vous pouvez aussi me trouver ici:
Facebook page: laetyblue/Posh Girl
Facebook Page (pour les Voyages/Arts et Cultures): Patacolor Carnet de Voyages
Mon autre blogwww.patacolorcarnet.weebly.com
Chaine youtube: Posh Girl
Instagram: @laetitiameyo
Tumblr: Laetyblue   http://lizzia7.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment