Monday, August 7, 2023

My Single Life๐Ÿฅฐ in Libreville ๐ŸŒด๐ŸŒž

Hello Dear Readers,๐ŸŒž it's been few days since I left my Hometown now and really it was a good trip back to my country Gabon. I miss Libreville already. It was my memories of my little city where I grew up. It was so different now. Yes, I have precious memories from when I was a child to my adult life. Unfortunately, my direct family wasn't there. I mean by that, my mom and my siblings. But I had my uncles, aunties where I went to seek advice and just get some discussions. I spent quality time with them. You always learn from the elders. And I got some of my cousins and Nephews. I visited them and they visited me as well.
As I look back from the day I came back home after more than 7 years, I felt lost first. I was sad because I was alone without my siblings. I felt depressed so I was going to seat alone at the beach...walking in town I was... Then, everything got better after the third month. Then I spent three full years and few months. My return in Libreville was a blessing. As a matter of fact, I am going to publish very soon a book about how to live in Libreville. from Personal experience. Maybe it will help a tourist, a visitor...who knows?
So how was my single life in Libreville? Sometimes being single is the best thing ๐Ÿ˜Œ that can happen to you honestly. I mean I don't mind being in love with someone but really it is not a must for me anymore. I think you can feel completed even when you are by yourself. Being in ❤love with someone is a good thing. It is beautiful but being single is just happiness ๐Ÿ˜Š. So let's look back in time ⏲ how was my single life in my sweet hometown? So, first, it was me going to invitations like at my niece's traditional wedding. Actually we had like 5 traditional weddings in my family this year and last year. The two last one were last week before I left actually.
Then, it was me going to discover restaurants and discovering some stores...I love going to see what is good or new in town.
This red building below is in town center not far from my apartment. We call it "Pelisson" You can go there by walking distance. Not far at all..it is a colonial memory restaurant. It is historical. I grew up seeing Pelisson. In the old days I remember around the 80's and 90's it was still the best in town. Pelisson was a fine salon de thรฉ! When your parents were buying a birthday cake ๐ŸŽ‚ there, you were so happy ๐Ÿ˜Š! This is Pelisson in 1958/ 59 ( source: Souvenirs du Gabon)
I also went out of town to my father's lands in my precious village I went to see and start a farming project. My father worked a lot his lands that he purchased many years ago. I was a baby. He is no longer among us but my goal is to keep working and doing what he did. My father means a lot to me even gone. ๐Ÿฅบ so this is Donguila The best thing your parents can give you is a piece of lands.
I often went there and I am still on the big project with my family. I shared with you a lot in my blog about Donguila my village. You can check it out!So, Sometimes when I went back to my place after a long day out of town, I would listen to the folkloric music of my country. That one was "Bach to Africa" the title is Lambarena. If you know Dr Albert Schweitzer he was playing on his piano, Bach often when he was in Lambarene, a little town in Gabon where he was working as a doctor in the hospital he founded himself for the local population. Dr Schweitzer got a Nobel prize for everything he was doing. He rest in Lambarene.
The "Bach to Africa"/ Lambarena that u listened in the short video is a long album. It is a mix of classical music with the folkloric music of Gabon ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. very original ๐Ÿ‘Œ I am telling you! Talking about folkloric music, I was going to the museum of Arts and traditions that was a cross the street of the building of my apartment. It is a good museum! I also went to visit the village of local artists in town. Not far too.
And it was me feeling at peace, feeling at my best. feeling happy and inspired everyday. Enjoying life everyday. Living my best life!!๐Ÿ˜…๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒด ( btw Have you ever tried to read my magazine that I posted on Amazon? Posh en vogue magazine ๐Ÿฅฐ it is My first one. I did everything myself) Well, I miss you now Libreville, petite ville
Actually you can watch everything in my youtube channel Merci!! and ๐Ÿ˜ŠThank you for reading this post. if you don't know I have a website where you can read some of my articles. I invite to visit www.poshenvogue.com I also have two books on Amazon Laetitia Meyo 1/ A Night with a Marine and 2/ How Far is this America. Bye!!! And I see you on a next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment