Saturday, January 4, 2014

Holidays 2013: From Christmas to New Year Eve 2014!


           First, I would like to wish you, Merry Xmas! and Happy New year 2014!!
All my best wishes for this new year. Joy, happiness, success, marriage, stable finance, children, good health and many other good things!
For the holidays, I went to spend my Christmas 2013, and new year eve 2014 at Washington DC. I went to visit my sister and her bf also few friends. The last time I went to DC was in 2011. So you can imagine it was a while ago that I put my feet in this super city. It was cold we actually had some snow but I enjoyed my time spent there. It was mostly about going to eat special food, taste new things drink some fine wines and...discovering new things and visit some places.
   
my favorite bottle of apple cider and a champagne (On an African tablecloth from Burkina Faso) as you can see a Vuvuzela on the table as well

      I enjoyed the Apple ciders, the chocolates, delicacies...many things actually were tasteful and enjoyable! On the Xmas night we ate special things and sang some Christmas songs. We exchanged some presents and Christmas cards. I received a nice African bracelet done in a rain buffalo horn, a nice African dress and an African flip flop.Then,We slept late really exhausted but it was good because we have not seen each other for more than a year! The day after we went to Annapolis in the State of Maryland. It was a quiet neighborhood next to the ocean. It is a port and there is a story attached to that port (The story of John Smith if I remember). The architecture is as those of the old houses in Europe.We ate at a restaurant on the water and not far was a nice lighthouse. The landscape was simply magnificent at night with the Xmas lights everywhere. In the restaurant were some people eating, laughing and a pianist played some traditional Xmas songs.


New year Eve in a friend's place in Washington DC (Me in front with my artistic mask I love it!)

    

 
The day after Christmas Eve We went by night  to eat in a Greek restaurant on Connecticut avenue not far from "Dupont Circle." The Greek restaurant name is "Agora" and I liked the food especially their breads and the grilled octopus, that Greek specific sauce done with olive oil. It was yummy! Then, we went to see a play which took place in a small theater on Connecticut avenue. The title was "An Irish Carol" it was funny and really interesting because it talked about things that we as humans we face but at the end of the day we need to learn how to forgive each other and move on. Just simply enjoy life and enjoy Christmas with people that we love because those times are so precious.

Patisserie Allemande (German pastry)


 German pastry

 
My African bracelet made in a rain buffalo horn. I love it!
  We went to Macy's which is in Metro Center to buy some nice clothes and some shoes because the sales were so good!  I actually bought two nice Steve Madden's pair of shoes for half of the prices! I was so happy! This is something always interesting with Macy's.
     During the Holidays, I discovered some little things such as: German pastry. It tastes different than what I usually eat so...yes I kind of liked it. I found out the new Jimmy Choo's perfume which smells so so so good! I think next time I am going there I will buy it! I fell in love with this perfume right after trying once. There were many other new perfumes but I felt me myself and I with that one!
My favorite chocolate and vanilla ice cream


 I don't know if you have ever tried to mix up ice cream with yogurt? It sounds crazy right? Well, that was unknown to me too until I was taught that it was a good mixture...Then of course I tried it I myself maybe you can do the same. I liked it Who knows? maybe you will like it too! I am a little bit picky when it's about tastes, spices and food in general. Still, I believe that we can try so many good and new things during the Holidays as long as they are healthy and make us happy. My other surprise present was a pair of slippers made in natural leather from Germany. My sister's bf offered it to me and I like it! It is so comfortable and warm inside because of the woolen part. It's really good for winter at home. I like the design of these slippers.
 
 Ma surprise: Mes chaussons en cuir naturel. ( my slipper made in natural leather from Germany)

my slippers!

These are some pictures of the Annapolis trip that I want to share with you so you can have a little idea about this nice city! I hope you will like them too. We went also on the ocean side of Annapolis and I found some shells. I collected them in my bag. I like shells!
Annapolis, Maryland

 
Visiting Annapolis, Maryland



 
Visiting Annapolis ,Maryland

The New year Eve was simple and fun. We went to a friend's place at Bethesda in Maryland/Washington DC and we had some Champagne, wines, juices and some good dishes and delicacies. We watched TV to see the crystal ball event live in New York City at Times Square. Then, later we went to a place at Adams Morgan in DC to spend good times all together. Back home I was so exhausted and my feet were in pain but I was happy because I had so much fun! The day after we went to a Spanish restaurant and I liked the specialties.
Ok! That was all about my Holidays. I hope you enjoyed my post if you want to share something feel free to drop some comments I will be glad to read them Thank you.
To conclude I would like to say that every new year people make some resolutions or commitments for the new year. Every new year people have their projects, expectations and dreams. I believe that we are the ones who are responsible to make them happen. I do not say these things will promptly happen it takes time but I think with faith and hard work we can make at least half of them to happen. Once again I wish you Happy New Year 2014! may God help you realize your dreams and be happy. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment