Friday, January 17, 2014

Les Patacolors! J'adore!

                            Les Patacolors! J'adore!

   For those who always wonder why do I have this strange nickname "Patacolor"? This post is a way to reply to them. I was inspired by the title and the story of this children's book to create my nickname. Yes, "Les Patacolors J'adore!" ( in English translated as: "The Patacolors, I love!" I still have that child spirit part in me and I do not think there is something wrong in it. People can be different and it does not mean that they are not ok because they do not think or do things like everybody.The book was written in the 80's by French authors: Fanny Joly, Claude and Denise Millet. It is from the collection "J'aime Lire" that I can translate in English as "I like reading".The idea came to me when I was a child after reading that book. I became member of a group of kids of different cultures who wanted to create a good harmony and environment in the area where we were living...Well, it's a long story. s you can tell It is simply kids' story but if you know me you will find out that I like creativity. I mean everything different than what people like or do.I believe that sometimes you can do things different in order to be happy.
The book's cover

 Back to my book; "Les Patacolors! J'adore" the first time I read it, I was impressed by the story and the name. I could read it again and again. When asked what will be my nickname in the group, it naturally came to me: "Call me Patacolor". " Les Patacolors J'adore" is the story of a boy named Adrien Pigeon who had a strong passion for TV commercials. He could do any competition to show to his classmates that he was good at it. In the story, he wanted to be known for his talent. He had the opportunity to play a role of a Native American for a TV commercials,who likes to eat the patacolors. The idea was to promote this product on TV. I remember that the color of the pasta was really colorful but Adrien had hard time faking the part that he likes eating the Patacolors in front of the camera because they did not have a great taste at all. In the story, at the end he even got sick because he forced himself to eat the Patacolors for the TV commercials. It was a success but Adrien ended up being sick for few weeks after the whole experience. The story was funny and interesting!
For me choosing the word "Patacolor" represents the colorful part (Not the taste just the color) because I like color and creativity. It might doesn't make any sense for some of you but....look! that's me. The fact that I grew up with people of different cultures and countries is another reason. The last one that I think about is because I believe that life should be colorful and it's important to live happy and be happy. Now I think I reply to the question: "Why does your nickname is Patacolor?" ...Well now you know! The book is sold in amazon.fr if you want to read it.


Any comments? I will be glad to read them Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment