Friday, December 20, 2013

My Tribute to Whitney Houston



Whitney Elizabeth Houston
                Few days ago I was listening to music on my computer and then the next song was a song of Whitney Houston "I will Always Love You." It suddenly took me back to some memories of my earlier teenager's life and some "home sweet home" memories. The first time I heard this song was when I watched the movie "The Bodyguard". This movie has a great success she co starred with Kevin Costner. Whitney Houston was "La Crème de la Crème" her beauty, her angel face her voice her body everything was nice in a perfect harmony that only God has created she was simply beautiful. Some would say she was simply perfect! She was one of the finest women that I have ever seen on TV.
my tribute in video
         She had a style that most women wanted to have. She really impacted some people's lives even today some singers said that they were influenced by Whitney Houston' songs. I remember again the first time my mum heard Whitney singing she didn't know who she was . I believe that she was just captivated by her voice and usually my mum was not really into music that I used to listen because it's different generations but that day she stopped what she was doing and as she was listening she asked me: "Who is that lady singing on the radio?" I told her" Her name is Whitney Houston" Then she told me: " Wow! she has an amazing voice!" I never forgot that day no wonder why Whitney was called "The Voice". Later she was on TV on a night show and she was singing " I Have Nothing" once again my mum who was doing what mothers like to do (Cleaning, cooking...) she went close in the living room to see who was singing on TV. Then she said: "What a beautiful lady! Is it the lady that you told me about?" and I could proudly respond "Yes mum this is Whitney Houston!"
          At home, my sisters and I could listen to her songs every afternoon. I remember we wanted to be like Whitney by imitating her style, her walk. When visiting my cousins, my friends there were always Whitney Houston' songs. If you asked somebody what do you want to sing or who is your favorite artist? Beyond the shadow of a doubt the person would say "Whitney!" No hesitation on it at all! Yes that was the good times!! We could be listening or dancing these songs: "Wanna Dance with Somebody" or "How will I know"

"Wanna Dance With Somebody"
"How Will I Know"
         Recently after watching some "strange" music performances on TV, I wrote a post in which I talked about music and missing Michael Jackson. I miss Michael and I miss Whitney Houston too. They were both my favorite entertainers. I grew up with their songs. She was a great artist and she remains a great singer. I still cannot believe that she is gone but I believe that her music will never be forgotten. I cannot stop listening to her music. Of course, like any human being she was not perfect because we all deal with some ups and downs in our lives. I do not see why people should always bring the weaknesses or the short comings of each other. The talent and love that she brought to us were for my personal point of view enough. She remains my beloved diva, my favorite artist. This post is simply a way to pay tribute to Whitney Houston. I will always love her forever. I Love You Ms. Houston
"I Have Nothing"


Whitney Houston in "The Bodyguard"


            Whitney Elizabeth Houston was born the 9th of august 1963 in Newark, New Jersey. She was raised in a family of Gospel singers. Her own mother Cece Houston is a great Gospel singer. Whitney was known for her faith in Jesus Christ as she used to sing "Jesus Loves Me" in her concerts. I always remember during the interview with Barbara Walter she sang " Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah" her voice was so nice and you could feel the love for God. Before going to sleep I like to listen to that Gospel song that she sang "I Love The Lord" I like it so much it always remind me to not forget  my Lord and Savior Jesus. She was born to be a star, a real artist.
            Whitney was also an actress. The movie with Kevin Costner "The Bodyguard" made her special to the eyes of the world. I like this movie and all the soundtrack, all her songs. In this movie I could see her beauty and her talent. She was such an inspiration for young black girls like me.
"The Bodyguard" movie trailer:


I also like her role in the movie "Waiting to Exhale" with the great actresses: Angela Bassett, Loretta Devine and Lela Rochon. I learned from the story and I liked the song that Whitney sang "Exhale Shoop Shoop" and "Why does it hurt so bad."
Here is the movie trailer: "Waiting To Exhale" I really loved that movie!
 My friend Daisy was the one who first showed me that movie "Waiting to Exhale" I liked it so much and I can watch this movie again and again. I remember We both had fun repeating the chorus Shoop shoop in our bedroom at the dormitory when listening to the song itself.
Also people remember her role as a preacher's wife in "The Preacher's Wife" which can some way explains her background as a child raised in a Christian family, being member of the choir of her church. She co starred with Denzel Washington.  I like the movie The Preacher's Wife. For my faith, I learned so much from that movie. Also it's so good because it happened during Xmas the best time of the year according to me. All the songs of the movie were good! It is a good movie.
"The Preacher's Wife" (1996)

 Her role as a Godmother in the movie "Cinderella" with Brandy. Then,  her last role was the one of  the mom of Sparkle in her last movie "Sparkle" with Jordin Sparks. I liked the movie "Sparkle" It teaches a lot about being a single mom raising girls who have their own dreams etc It definitely worth watching it!

        Whitney had a great career as an artist she is known to be a successful world recording female singer. She sold so many albums. I know that most of her albums were successful. She was also a humanitarian, she donated and was engaged for some causes. Beside being this great artist, she was also a loving mother. She has a daughter that she loved so much.
             Then , in February 11th 2012, it was during the night TV News that we learned about Whitney's death at the hotel. I was not sure it was real and later when they confirmed it my heart was so broken. I could not retain some tears of sadness. As they were rolling down on my face I could hear in my heart that God has given and God is taking back meaning that: God gave to the world Whitney as a precious gift to share her talent and He is taking her back Home. Sometimes I wish He could have taken her later but we do not know the whys and the when of God's decision. I could not believe that Whitney my dear artist was gone. She took with her many of my precious memories when I was a teenager, good times spent with family and friends. How can I forget this precious lady? My dream was to meet her someday obviously It won't happen. But as I am writing this tribute I can hear in my heart this song "His Eyes is On the Sparrow". Rest in Peace Whitney. Rest in Peace Ms. Whitney Elizabeth Houston you were a blessing to us. A woman full of love for her fans, a fined woman a real lady.
It is just like you never left Ms. Houston. I still cry you...We dearly loved you and still do


I tried to make a video to pay my tribute to Ms. Houston from her younger age to adult until she left us I hope you will like it you can click on the link to watch it: https://www.facebook.com/laetitia.meyo.9/videos/vb.100003680453788/491605997638744/?type=3&theater
Now that I am done with my tribute to Whitney I am going to listen to her song that I love :"The Greatest Love of All" Also I will put some videos of her famous songs that we, her fans, know. I will be glad to hear from you as well about this tribute to Whitney. It's always good to discuss memories of somebody that we have loved. I hope you will like my selection. Please drop your comments in the box down below. I will really appreciate it Thank you.


"I will Always Love You"

"Exhale Shoop Shoop"

"
"The Greatest Love Of All"

                                                       "Why Does It Hurt So Bad

 

"When You Believe" ft Mariah Carey (Such a beautiful song! Inspiring lyrics. God is a powerful God. He is a God of Miracles indeed)

  and many others.... From her Gospel songs:
"I Go To The Rock"


"Jesus Loves Me"
  "I Love The Lord" That worship strengthen me a lot
"Do You Hear What I Hear" I love that Xmas song

Thank you for passing by...Come back visiting me sometimes (Smile!)
     

No comments:

Post a Comment