Friday, May 15, 2015

Croque Vacances!

"Croque Vacances" was a 80's TV show airing every vacations for youth on the French TV channel. There were nice people presenting with cute dolls talking to kids.
Louboutin shoes/ picture
I like and love this picture! The view of the city with the lights it's refreshing! This is an elegant lady's feet here! The feet in the air with some chic Louboutin lady shoes it's like saying:" What a wonderful world!"  (Now I have in my mind that beautiful song...Thank you! Louis Armstrong! Thank you Sir for this inspiring song that will remain for Ever!)

In this post  I am not going to talk about Croque Vacances the kiddies TV show but My "Croque Vacances" because Laetitia is officially going on Vacations woo hoo!! I am soooo happy!!! The word croque is from the verb in French croquer meaning: To crunch! Now you understand what I mean by that: "Crunching my vacations!" Exactly ! you got it!! I am going to crunch my vacations as much as I will be able to. Why? because it does not happen every time and I am thankful. The pronunciation is like "Croc". Also I will be doing interesting things and see my family at last😄! However, I will miss Dallas. Yes, sweetie Dallas I will miss you darling city.  You welcomed me with open arms and I am thankful for it. People always asked me why do I like Dallas more than the other cities (or States)where I have been in the US? Well I have met the nicest American people in Texas for real (From my own experience) plus I think that  men in Texas are gentlemen. This is my opinion and I have my reasons. I didn't say all of them but most of them are gentlemen and this is important to me.
          What am I going to do once out of country? Well, I would like to do many things I am planning things now since I have less than a week left. I would like to visit museums, take some good pictures see monuments. I will be eating the French cuisine 😜and why not meeting new people. I really need this time off. I need that change of environment
The Eiffel Tower
I will be visiting some friends and my family👯. I will go in the city for attraction and see what is new and go to some stores to see the trend. I am planning to go straight in the city once I get out of the airport. I can't wait to breathe Paris' fresh air and walk in the streets and say bonjour! It will sound a little bit strange it has been a while that I heard people talking in French around me. Yes, strange but a good feeling altogether. You know the "Good Feeling" that Flo Rida sings😜😝. When I watched that video I thought in my mind like ok I need that Good Feeling too and He made that video in Paris of course and some other places in France. You can tell he enjoyed himself there but now guess what Flo Rida? It's my turn now. lol!!! I am going to Paris!!! Yay!!!

The Louvres museum (I have precious memories of this place)
Etta James is the one who originally sang the chorus of that song and she actually sang her songs in Paris too (Something Got A Hold On Me). This is great right? I don't know if it is a coincidence.
(Etta James was a blues, soul and R&B singer. She died at the age of 73. yes she was a great singer.)
Arc of Triumph/ Avenue des Champs Elysees
 Unfortunately, somebody in my place here is really not happy that I am leaving. He keeps  pushing my pillow with his feet everyday because he is not happy and he wants to let me know how he feels. He is playing the hard head with me. I keep telling him: Stop!! Not in my place! but Little One (aka Pablo) does not listen he is sad. As a result I don't know if I should take him with me... I am still thinking because I will be gone for few months. What do you suggest? Should I take him with me in my luggage? Little One has been with me for 5 years now and we have been travelling together in the country but this time it's going to be different...you know. It's a long faithful story.
He pushes my pillow everyday!
When thing is getting out of control, to calm him down I put some candles in the room and I try to create a nice atmosphere in my place. I also put music on and he likes it too! As a result, he stops acting mean to me and he sleeps just like that! As the saying goes:" Music soothes the soul." This is what it takes to be the responsible one .👯
from Bath & Body Works
This is a little bit how it feels to be in the room
Yes, Little One likes to listen to Cesaria Evora like me. She is one of our African divas👸. She sings in Portuguese and the song's name is "Jardim Prometido" her country (It's in my playlist if you want to listen to it completely). It's a little island in Africa colonized by Portuguese people so they speak Portuguese and the creole as well. I like this kind of music especially in the afternoon because it relaxes.
Talking about being the responsible one in my place I wanted to wish once again Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers in the world. I did write something last year that is the reason why I didn't do it this month and I was also busy but yes Happy Mother's day! I know  that being a mum is not easy at all. Raising a child or children requires a lot of work and patience.
That picture below is so beautiful! I share it for Mothers from Africa. I know for fact that you are going through a lot but you are still taking care of your children with Love your little beloved ones. Love is everything! I just want to encourage you. This is an inspiring picture of a beautiful African woman holding a cute baby in her arms. This is so precious! Happy Mother's Day. For that occasion, I post a poem for mothers in my youtube channel. The poem is from an African author; this is the link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjEzuGxgys4
But the poem is in French.

  I am glad I just got my Magazine! 👌In the meantime, I wanted to thank Style Equation Magazine for giving me the opportunity to be one of their contributors. This is something that I do on the side and it's all about passion. 💕I realized with time that I like writing even though I am still learning to improve it. As my HR Management teacher used to say: "We strive to be awesome" I will not only do my best to be good at it but I will strive to be awesome and someday I will see good results👯. I really like my two articles that I wrote especially the one about the Fashion designer John Elliott. The story of his life has inspired me so much! There is a  lot to take out of it. To people who think that certain things can be impossible definitely you need to discover the story of his life. Also stay connected because there is more to come!
I also invite you to visit my other link here: http://patacolorcarnet.weebly.com/carnet-de-voyage
You can get yours by clicking on current issue on the website: http://www.stylequationmagazine.com/
You can like their Facebook page too
If you want You can download it at $5 but you can also get the printed version of the magazine it has another price. You can find the previous issues as well. Check it out! Of course, I got mine already and I like it!

       I recently went back to the gym since I need to control my weight because of my health and because I am not tall at all so I think it's better for me to keep it normal. When I am so busy I tend to eat like.. You know...my way (lol!) but I drink more tea now that I used before and it is good because it cleans. Last time while I was at the cafeteria, I quickly went to take something to drink and for the reason that I can't explain when I went back to my table my eyes started looking carefully at what I  bought to eat and  maybe my body was sending me some signals: "Stop eating this way! It is not good for you!" and I had like a big glass of soda on my hand then I thought this is not fair to treat my body like that. You know what soda can cause in the system so I am slowing down I try to drink soda occasionally as much as I can. Yes, I start to be careful now.
          Talking about eating  I am starting to change little by little my diet. What I mean by that is: It's better to cut too much meat consumption. Really! I read that (I heard it before but ...You know it is Not easy!) cancer is caused by the fact that we eat too much meat. I know, this is sad but it's better to live healthy and longer so I started changing something. At least some animals will keep their lives and we will not have to deal with animal extinction etc. Don't get me wrong! I will keep eating a little bit of meat but really not like I normally do. Last time I tried to eat a complete day some veggies and guess what happened? My neighbor suddenly decided to do a good barbecue outdoors in the afternoon. So there were some of his friends or family members that he invited to eat and the smell of the meat and spices came through my windows (You know really like in the cartoons and it's true what they do: It's like following you...) I did what any person would do: I pushed my plate of salad on the side I went out to buy some meat to cook too. This is what happens when you like meat...The nose function becomes sharpened! Smelling the meat which is at a certain distance is nothing anymore. I will definitely reduce it but Not too much during my vacations for the moment. I will really work on  it when I will get back. Something that I would like to emphasize is the fact that at the Beginning of the Creation Men were not meat eaters they ate veggies. I don't think that I am wrong...

By the time I am preparing my trip I am taking care of me, myself and I, like a nice and a beautiful lady.
This is what I am using this past few weeks and it is good. I have to say that I knew I would go back to Lush that store always smells good because everything is natural and really good.👌
I use the shower smoothie and the ocean salt for face and body
This is how they look inside. They look like yummy for skin right?!
The shower smoothie is really good for the skin and it leaves it refreshed. It's like bathing in a glass of smoothie. The Ocean salt is a face and body scrub and it smells like ocean salt for real and it leaves the skin smooth. The lady who was working in the store told me that after using both or either one during my shower time I can use the other one that I have bought last month: It's the body conditioner. I like and I love that body conditioner like really! So when you have all of these three it gives you: "Awesome!!!!" (laugh) I will take them all with me because I must keep doing "woman's things"👯
I also thought that I could be taking a little bit of the American fresh breeze with me. The breeze like in this picture
 I like this picture ( I have even shared it with my friends on social media) The nice breeze of the morning! I found that fresh breeze in Ralph Lauren Eau de Toilette. Actually I went to Sephora for something else but because I am a perfume lover I stopped by the side of the perfumes and I smelled that one and it was really like I described it: "A fresh breeze!" and it's good for my trip! I didn't need a big one I don't want either because the TSA will gladly throw it in the trash at the airport. This is the right seize and enough to have it in my bag and Paris being the capital city of all of these I know I will find many other good perfumes there but at least I will have with me that one. You should try it too!
ok... I guess I am done! I just hope you have a good and a fun summer! I will definitely have a good one. I know I will keep writing once there because I like it. I have three things I want to share later with you. Before closing this post I wanted to share with you some of the other things that I like and it is: poems! I am a poems lover. (poetry/ some nice poems but in Spanish this time because I love Spanish! It is a beautiful language)
          I like the pictures that I selected from internet to make my really simple slideshows for you. These pictures are mainly landscapes I like nature in general and some nice monuments. There are nice ones especially the children and the girl with her puppy dog. Awwww so cute! Remember the little girl with the puppy dog. These are really nice poems in Spanish that I have learned and I liked a lot during the years when I studied this language. I like Spanish! People say that French is the sexiest language in the world but  to me Spanish is the most romantic language (my point of view.)
I did not do a complete translation  so the little that I did could be confusing because I tried to translate from Spanish to French and from French to English. Yes it can be confusing sometimes but I tried to correct it. Thank you! Have a nice summer! 
Xoxo

 
The last video is about my personal experience with Spanish at the beginning. I am still learning the language. I must say that I used to speak it very well before until I left my hometown for English speaking countries to study. As a result I had to focus more in English and I lost my Spanish a lot but I still have some basics and my trip to Mexico few months ago was a good experience. Now that I feel a little bit more comfortable in English I am trying to get back to my Spanish. Music has helped me a lot to learn English so I figure that for Spanish I can do the same to get it back and interact or communicate with people. this is Such a beautiful language! 
 
PS: I almost forgot. If you like poems you are gladly invited to visit my friend's blog. She is from Mexico and she lives in Mexico City. Her name is Kathy Kruger. She likes reading a lot. Her favorite book is the one of George Orwell "1984" yes, a good one right?! I am sometimes surprised to see her interest in French good authors such as Albert Camus, Guy de Maupassant and many others. She writes nice and inspiring poems in Spanish and some in English as well. She is really inspired she has talent I like reading her poems because there is life and there is something special in them. This is the link if you want to read them too:
(Let The Wind Blow)
"Freedom"
Whenever I read this poem I feel like taken in another beautiful world where I can feel free to love myself. Just like being in a wonderful world. Kathy has such a brilliant talent!

"Ethereal/ Etereo" (This one is in English and Spanish)
And many others...
I also invite you to visit my other link here if you are interested: http://patacolorcarnet.weebly.com/carnet-de-voyage
Thank you!
Discover: 
Ricardo Montaner ft Evaluna Montaner "La Gloria de Dios" (The Glory of God) a beautiful worship song in Spanish
Gracias por leer este post.  Espero que tengais un buen verano

No comments:

Post a Comment