Monday, May 25, 2015

Bonjour Paris!

Hello! From Paris.

Song "Paris Sera Toujours Paris" (Paris Will Always Be Paris) French Singer: Zaz
Such a beautiful song! There is the English subtitle if you want to understand what she sings.The song was originally sung/written by Maurice Chevalier around 1939 (You can tell by the style of the clothing in the video clip) I like that kind of music! That song takes you to the old Paris.
How did you like the song? It is wonderful! I think she is original. I simply love it!

         Here I am at the city of the Lovers and one of the capital cities for Fashion! Seeing the Seine (the well known French river), walking in the streets reminded me of the good times that I spent from my early age in that beautiful city. Once again I am gladly here in Paris and enjoying my vacations! I came few days ago and I like the atmosphere. I like to see the Fashion street as well (Tourists are really dressed up.) These past few days they are celebrating the Cannes Festival. Festival of Cannes can be compared to Sundance Festival in the US. The Cannes Festival first took place in 1946 so it is an important event here. That movie festival is celebrated in the South of France in the city of Cannes. During that ceremony actors, actresses and movie producers receive as a reward/Award what they call the "Palme d'Or" (Golden palm) for their movies. Many actors from different countries attend the Cannes Festival. In the meantime, there was also the AmFar Gala which is a ceremony created for movies against Aids.  Many top actresses such as Eva Longoria, singers like Janet Jackson and Top models partake at this gala in order to raise funds to fight Aids. It takes place at a city in France named Antibes not far from Cannes. These two cities are really nice places to go for vacations especially Antibes because of the landscapes.
I like and love the picture that I put below! This is such a nice artistic photography! I could not resist to share it.

In this picture for the Cannes Festival, I think the man kissing the lady is the American actor Paul Newman (Paul Newman was definitely a handsome man)
I like to see the glam, the glitters, the nice couples, the actresses wearing their nice gowns on the red carpet etc.
       The French Open (Roland Garros) has already started here and the city is well connected. Roland Garros is also an important event and many celebrities of other countries come to see the games at the tennis stadium. I love Paris! I have missed this city so much! The weather is still chilly and it's lovely I didn't know it would be this way but it's good because there is a nice sun and everything is perfect to me! You can feel the breeze and feel the Parisian life around. So if you are about to come, do not forget to take your jacket! It feels special to walk in the streets seeing people especially the tourists it makes the ambiance so special. I really needed it! When I left the French airport I just had time to drop my luggage, change my shoes to be comfortable and I went straight to the city because I could not be waiting to visit any longer. I needed to breathe Paris! My friend picked me up and we went to walk together in the city. We used the metro to be able to visit everything and be in contact with the people. The first day was so long and I ended up having pain on my feet because I wanted to go around as much as possible it was a way to connect with the place again after 4 years!
Walking in Paris for hours requires to have comfortable shoes!
       After that long day, I slept like a baby to recover from the fatigue of the long trip that I had. In fact, I left Dallas at 3:00 pm and we made it on time in Paris at 7:45 am. I did not take a time to rest at all because I was so excited! It feels so good to be in Paris! I am spending my time with my family now and I have my program written in my agenda already so I need to do some personal things and go to visit the other places in Paris. Beside Paris I will be going to other cities in France as well because the country is not Paris only there are other nice cities to visit  in the country. When I left Dallas I had a friend of mine who asked me to post and share pictures of what I am going to eat. I will do that and another asked me for some French chocolates it made me smile and I will definitely bring him some. Because I wanted to eat the French pastries so much I didn't wait at all. I bought me : A strawberry pie, a Paris Brest, an éclair and a Religieuse. Everything was yummy and good to me! The Paris Brest has a story from its origin by the way...All of the pictures below are mine. They might be not perfect but I think you can see what I try to share.
I also bought: some pains aux raisins, pains au chocolat and some brioches (In the picture I thought I could show one of each to people who want to have an idea) It is so good! They call it viennoiserie.
So, my friend and I went to first: La Defense. What I like with this place is the modern architecture in the middle of Paris. I went there before but I took more time to walk around. The buildings are usually for international business Companies. Many people work there and these are some of my pictures of that area.
 The people sitting on the stairs were having their break time
       Look at the sophisticated architecture! It is Really nice! Genius made that construction for sure.
The visit was long but it was not done yet. We took the metro and we went on the other side not really far from La Defense. I have to be honest about the metro in Paris...It is not that good but... That's ok.
Guerlain boutique for fine French perfumes in Avenue of Champs Elysees
Then, we went to the Avenue des Champs Elysees to look in the boutiques to see the trend and take pictures of the iconic and historic Arc of Triumph. This place is always crowded of tourists of many countries taking pictures. You will find some good boutiques such as Guerlain if you like fine French perfumes, I like Guerlain. There is Louis Vuitton across the street if you like Louis Vuitton's items. You will also find in the street Sephora, Yves Rocher, Zara and many others but people get ready to spend if you want to
Louis Vuitton across the street.

Arc of Triumph (such a symbolic place. A witness of History)
         Last, after a break at a restaurant we went to the Trocadero ( I like this place it is like a park to relax and there are some kind of waterfalls and a big pool) We went close to see the Eiffel Tower so I could see her or it. I could not go to sleep before having seen that lady The Eiffel Tower (That lady has a long story and has seen many events in the country.) Such a wonderful and extraordinary piece of Art! I cannot get into the Eiffel tour and going on the top up there because I have a problem with the heights. On the way, I saw some cute rabbits eating not far from the tower and the owner gently put one of them in my arms I really loved it! We stopped a little bit to look at all of them and I thought they were so cute I dropped a coin. People sell some nice little items for souvenirs and you can buy some good ice creams!! We found a nice performance of street artists and I personally liked it!
I took the pictures myself so they are not so perfect but I thought I could share some of them with you.
The tower from the other side
The Eiffel Tower, that famous lady (I like to call it this way)

I hope it gave you a little idea. I also recommend to people who want to know more about the country not to stop at Paris only because there are other nice cities. You will discover the real French culture if you are interested. I am still at the beginning of my vacations I still have to visit other places such as: The Galeries Layafette, the Louvres Museum, the Opera of Paris (I went there years ago but I still need to go back there. In fact, I will always go there whenever I can)
I also hope to be able to go to other cities like Barcelona (in Spain) you know my passion with the Spanish culture (I wish I could see Queen Letizia of Spain at least once. Seeing her in the city or something like that). I want to visit Germany, Brussels (Belgium) Well, I will see...
    1.Going to La Defense and walking around
2. Walking at the Avenue des Champs Elysees (This is a different video)
3. Going to the Eiffel Tower,
4. From the bridge you can see the Seine (the French river)
I liked the performance. That was traditional dance I guess. However the real Star to me was that sweet baby girl. When She wanted to join the group to dance her dad tried to retain her and took off her jacket. I could not captured everything because my battery was getting low but she finally went close to them and started dancing! She was not shy at all!
That was a little cute dog. The parents of the little one were in the stroller. I knew they were the parent because they could not walk and the owner pushed them in the stroller they looked older than the little one walking. The breed was like a type of mini bulldog... well, something like that 


 That's all! Thank you for reading this simple post. I hope you liked it. I am glad I am here like I said earlier it feels good to be in Paris! This is my Croque Vacances! (I wrote an article about my Croque Vacances) I enjoy it!
I was thinking about ending this post with a song of Lionel Richie that I like so much! I was actually listening to it this afternoon as I was relaxing the whole day. Such a beautiful song! Since Paris is the city of romantic people or Lovers (There are many couples here for real!) I thought it could be a good way to share it. Kisses from France from me!
Merci! Aurevoir!!

No comments:

Post a Comment