Friday, May 1, 2015

To people of Nepal

My thoughts and prayers to people of Nepal.
As I was listening to that song I was thinking about people of Nepal who are going through a difficult time now. So far the Army is doing a great job in rescuing people in Kathmandu but the earthquake has killed many lives.
Of course Nepal is not in Africa I know but the message of this beautiful song means a lot. The song has a strong message...Yes, We are the world we should not be indifferent when people suffer. We can try to do what we can to help in different ways. Sometimes I am so fed up with bad news if we could just put aside our differences the world would surely be a better place. Can we save all the people in the world? Not at all but if we save one at least, it makes a difference. Mother Teresa started to save one, two, three...lives. Then many other lives and she became known for what she did. Her commitment for saving people's lives is still an inspiration and an example to those who have the same aspiration today. I mean to those who believe in humanitarian activities.

For some reasons, I don't know why but among all the pictures on social media,  that picture of this four months baby who was miraculously rescued, touched me so much and made me want to write this little message. I must admit that I read about the earthquake on the news and I felt a compassion for the people  but when I saw that special picture below then I became heartbroken. I do not know who took that picture but the message touched me and I saved that picture in my portfolio.
I am sure GOD has a Special Plan for this beautiful baby. He decided that this baby would Not die at all. I am sure that his angel was watching over him and covering him under the rubbles until the team of rescuers found him. He, maybe has no more family but I believe God who took care of him under the rubbles, will do the same during the days of his life (The picture really made me want to hold this cute baby in my arms)
I call him "Baby Miracle" According to the News report his name is Sonit Awal  I hope I am not wrong I need to check it again. A true miracle!


My message tonight is to please think about the people of Nepal if you can in your prayers but also if possible to donate (I will post a link below). They do not ask a lot of money just what you can give to help. Many families have lost what they had. This is so sad. It's devastating and there is no words to describe these pictures. There is no words to express the lost and the pain.

If you want to donate there is Facebook. Yes, Facebook and  the Red Cross organize donation for Nepal. There are other organizations that do the same thing as well.

There is also this link if you are more into donation for children specially. Children are the most vulnerable in such condition. We need to save children first. Last time I saw a picture of a little boy protecting his baby sister. They were both alone in the disaster. Who can be indifferent? This picture moved me so much it made me sad.
http://time.com/3836242/nepal-earthquake-donations-disaster-relief/
This a list of all the NGOs and institutions that help the people through donations (They help people for food, clothes etc...)
http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2015/apr/27/nepal-earthquake-how-you-can-help-donate-aid
Little by little we can make a difference and we might make the world a happy place.
Thank You...
(little memories...From this humanitarian man that I like. He and Lionel Richie thought and wrote that song ) I miss this beautiful voice...
Thank you for reading this post and enjoy the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment