Friday, March 6, 2015

My Favorites of the Month

This is a nice picture! I love it!
I can't wait for the Spring time any longer!
Hi! Everyone
How are you doing? Good I hope! Well I am fine and it's been a cold weather so far here.
It's march and it's the month for women I have a post coming by the 8th or the 9th I am so busy sometimes I feel lazy (Smile) I have my own things to do but its always good to write or share things with you. For the 8th I just want to share some thoughts about the issues that women are still facing I know some men will not agree with some of my opinions but that's ok we don't have to agree on everything. From that coming post, I also want to celebrate women in general.
      We had some days of snow in a row. It sometimes stuck main activities in the city but that's ok! Everything is fine because winter is a part of our lives on earth (Smile) There are days like that!! It didn't stop me taking pictures at all! I like pictures! We had two weeks of grey sky with rain and yesterday there was this nice sun and I felt it was a great sunny day.  When I woke up in the morning I saw some snow on my balcony and that beautiful sun in the sky I was so thankful that God thought about me the girl from the "Sunny Continent" (Smile) I quickly opened the bay window of my bedroom I needed that. Then, I had an imagination: Yes! I thought about my vase with my nice flowers and the new candle that I recently bought few days ago. A special one I will explain why and it gave this picture below!
On my bedroom's balcony
Why my candle? Because when I was looking through the door, I saw that nice sun and the snow then I heard in my mind that Elton John's famous song:" The Candle in the Wind."
 He performed that song at princess Diana's funeral as well (No idea of death here just a feeling of peace and serenity). Do you like that song too!? (Hello! London by the way) This is such a beautiful song! So I put my candle in the wind and it gave this simple picture
Unfortunately you can't see the little flame burning...sorry I wish you could. Few minutes after the wind blew on it and the little flame completely disappeared but that was ok...Sometimes I feel like life is like a candle. You know how I love candles I found that special one online. It is so natural and it burns well. As I am writing now I have two of them burning yes I love it!
Elton John "Candle in The Wind"
 This is just a simple post. I Just wanted to share with you few things that I call "My Favorites of the Month". I unintentionally found them and I ended up liking them. Not expensive at all but nice little things for women.
   I also went to Sephora to have a little bit of fun! I needed to change my mind sometimes you feel like things can be boring and that 's when you need to think about doing something special or different. I made an appointment for learning a little bit more about how to do my own make up at home.
The make up artist was so nice! She was such a nice young lady and she made me feel so comfortable and she hugged me so many times and gave me some goodies at the end (Smiley!!!). She showed me some nice cosmetic products for women and I loved the brands. I particularly like the TCHATCHA one and Ole Heriksen sheer transformation . she told me that TCHATCHA is from Japan and it is adapted for all type of skins. I tried the rice powder which exfoliates the skin it's really good! Well interesting! Without women in this world I am sure there would be some limited number of businesses. No women no business for sure! I ended up buying two main make up items. I have to admit that NARS foundation is perfect! I loved it right away! I also got the Cover Fix set of contouring. She showed me some little tricks but I have to say it's a lot to do! Sometimes I don't mind staying natural (laughing) Conclusion: I had a nice day and I will go back there again for sure! Thank you Sephora! I was happy when I left the store and you definitely made my day!
About the items:
I don't know if it's "good" English to say I discover this candle or this product whatever it is because saying it has a sense in French.. In French it's ok to say I discovered this or that. ok! I wanted to say that I "discovered" this nice natural candle. I love the package and it smells so good!! The company selling them is River Valley Soaps. Here is the link if you are interested: http://www.rivervalleysoaps.com/
They make organic soaps as well. I got two from them because I wanted to try and I like them so far.
At night I like to feel relaxed so I have my candle burning (No worries, I am really careful). Why is it special is the ingredients that they use to make them and the wood stick (you saw it in the picture). Really special you can see and hear how the little wood is burning
I simply love it! These are the organic soaps I share a picture for you to see how they look like( One is made with lavender and the other with peppermint) and guys see how they look natural

the candle package. That smells so good too!
  Lavender and peppermint my favorites!
I like the Lancôme Fraichelle (gel douche for shower) I hope I am not addicted to it because I like it so much! It smells so good so fresh as well as the crème radiance for the face. Sometimes I put few drops of lavender essential oil in my shower gel and it smells awesome and you feel so relaxed after a long day!
My Lancôme Fraichelle and crème radiance for cleaning face.
I wanted to get the two magazines with two of my favorite actresses on the cover: Kerry Washington and Lupita Nyong'o. For some reasons I like to read what they do and I like their work.
Kerry Washington

Lupita Nyongo

I was glad I bought the two magazines but I must say I really like the "Instyle" one because it was fuller than Lucky Magazine and it has so many interesting articles as well. I love Kerry Washington she is successful and gorgeous Black woman so is Lupita Nyongo a Kenyan born young and successful actress.
Lupita 'story inspired me so much two years ago and she won an Oscar last year. She made young African women like me believing in their dreams. Yes it is still possible guys! Never give up!
    I once again purchased the same box of essential oils. I had last year for Xmas. It looks like I like that brand more than the others...It is always useful at home!
Edens garden, essential oils
My other favorites are these two African bracelets! I like them. They are made with an ankara fabric.
Ankara fabric is from Africa and I also got a piece of it online and I love the colors! I sometimes like to have it with me I guess as an African woman is important to have at least one at home and that's my thoughts (lol!) It is not a must but it helped me many times when I had to share my culture to few friends who were curious to learn a little bit about me and my country. Two years ago I made a bag with the Ankara fabric but different happy colors and design. It's really original!
 I got them from Zabba Design. I was desperately looking for African stores here and I could not find them. Later I saw their website: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ZabbaDesigns?ref=l2-shopheader-name
They make shoes, earrings, dresses, purses etc. Simple but really nice!
     A friend of mine once asked me how do we dress in Africa? The question was interesting because there are so many countries which means different cultures, tribes and languages. The way we dress are all different but we also dress in a western style. In Africa women like Fashion too! It can be from Europe, America, Asia's fashion...For instance, I love traditional women clothes of women from India. I dream to buy some of them someday.
We mostly like fashion from our own style as well and I love that diversity. Women in West Africa will not dress the same way than those from Central Africa. It can happen but it is not common. Women in East part of the continent or the South have different style as well. What I like is our originality. We are different in our style and we are original! I definitely going to have a Summer vacation in my continent soon I want to visit most countries in West Africa first.
 So, I wanted to wear my Ankara once I received it and I took few pictures with it but this is a really small example because they are many other ways to wear scarf in Africa.( Sorry about that I will share pictures of that in next posts especially when I will go on vacation.)
Actually it was a real coincidence because when I wanted to put my head wrap on and I found out that we were asked yesterday (to all women) to wear some head wraps to honor Women of the world. Remember we are in March! It was a good coincidence actually! For some reasons I wanted to wear it see? I am connected to my women' sisters of the world. (Smile) So I did it in different ways! I took the pictures myself so they are just the way they are. I am not a professional.
This is for all the women of the world! I dedicate you these pictures (smiling)
So the first one gave me this:
The second way gave me this:
Ok! That's for the scarf! What about what we, women like to do in my country or in Africa in general. We like to tight it on the side of the hip and it gives that:
From the side to the front!
It is fast and easy this way. In any circumstances usually at home.
My dress that I showed last year I like it is really comfortable. I can go out for shopping or to the park or something like that. On the dress they put some pearl made with wood on it.
We like dresses! The design, the color I like everything about it
Women like to put the piece of fabrics on their back or cover themselves a lot!
In the village they do the same as well because at night the air is so chilly a little bit cold and also we don't like insects so we have to cover ourselves I love it! If we had someone telling us some nice tales we will be sitting out under the tree but we needed to be covered. Usually people would make a fire somewhere and it warms us. That was the best time of my life!
 I also saw women in West Africa doing the same thing and usually children liked it a lot! We can carry a child on our back with a good piece of fabric. My mum did that to me sometimes when she was so busy and I will do the same to my children as well. it is a culture lol!
Look! I am kindly  covered!
Ok! That is pretty much all about the Ankara fabric. I always like to share what we have whenever I can.
    The last thing I wanted to share and that is again a coincidence. I bought two books few days ago from the same author. I decided to buy one of them specifically because what I read on the news made me think a lot about the issues that women are dealing with around the world and the way they are treated. I started wondering why women were created? How to explain all these inequalities toward women? and many other questions. The book is really interesting. I witnessed injustice done to women and it's common yet they are still faithful in their role as mothers, wives, coworkers, sisters, daughters. That's a lot a on a plate and many men still don't understand it. Instead they choose to use them, mistreat them, torture them for some of them....And some also forbid them to get Education. In this century what a tragedy! This is not only an issue of women in Africa but also in other continents. How can we explain that women are paid less than men just because of their gender when they do the same work? People should really stop this injustice
 Dr. Myles Munroe did a great job in the way he shared his knowledge and I am still reading the book. Women and men were created equal. Women have their role and their place in this society and I believe in equal rights for both, same opportunities and access to Education for every women. Women are special human beings. I will definitely do a review on this book  the title is: "Understanding The Purpose and Power of Woman" . Women you have power so be careful of how you use it especially if you are internationally known. Unfortunately some women who are celebrities do not carry a good image of women. They tend to favor the sexual aspect only by dressing in a certain way etc. and it is sad because there are many women out there who are working so hard to maintain our image of being proud gender and an important pillar of the society. I just started reading this book and I have some questions already answered a little by little. Like he mentioned on the cover of  it: "This book is for women and for men who love them." ( I think men who love and respect women in general)
 The other book is from the same well known author. A successful man  his speeches and teachings have really changed my mind a lot in a positive way. The way I used to think about certain things has been transformed since last year. The other book's title is "The Spirit of Leadership" I read a little bit the summary of the book and it sounds interesting a lot!
I don't know why I decided to purchase this book I guess the word leadership has always attracted me. Beside, I also believe that women can be good leaders as well. Women have contributed a lot for our world. I like when he said that everyone is born with a spirit of leadership but many did not have the opportunity to express or show it. I always thought that being a leader has something to do with your personality like if you are introvert or extrovert. I also thought that people are called leader when they have many people following them. No, I had the wrong concept of the word leadership and I am curious to learn what he wrote about it. I will have a  review on this book as well. I intend to buy few other books from the same author.
For now I am done with this post. Thank you for reading! See you for the Women's day.
I just wanted to share this beautiful song of Cheb Khaled a great singer from Algeria (North Africa). He has always been one of my favorite African singers.  Khaled introduced to the world what we call Rai which is a traditional music from Algeria.
That song "Aicha" particularly whenever I hear and listen to it, it always moves me a lot because of the lyrics. Thank you Cheb Khaled for that song because you gave respect and dignity to women through that song. You understood what women need and want.
This is for the Women of the world. Thank you!
Cheb Khaled "Aicha" (1996) /Composition: JJ Goldman

No comments:

Post a Comment