Monday, January 26, 2015

New Year 2015! (Gifts)

Hi! Guys for the new year I once again was blessed to receive few gifts.
 I thought I could simply share with you what I got. I really like them because they were given with Love. I guess you all had family members who thought about you and maybe offered you something special for Xmas or/and New year. Gifts or presents are sometimes important because it's a way to show our love and they make us happy. I like presents and I also like to offer some to those who are closed to me.
      Last year I had few things like authentic gifts from Africa and Germany. This time around  it's a little bit different: For example, I received a special hand crafted bracelet that my little nephews made for me. They thought about surprising me by sending me this little nice bracelet and I don't know how they made it but it's very nice! My sweet nephews are gifted. The colors are green yellow and blue which are the color of my country's flag (Gabon)
Gabon's flag colors: Green, yellow, blue

The bracelet is really nice and it's flexible and easy to wear. I simply like it and I will definitely have it everyday on me.
Then, once again I received another gift from Germany. This time I got some cork-coaster. Yes! six pack. My sister who was at Frankfurt sent me some as a new year gift. I like the pictures that they put on them, I simply like everything!
I don't think I will put something on them. I will just keep them as a decoration or I will keep them safe somewhere until I know what I will do with them because I can't put glasses on them because the water can damage the material with time. For the moment I enjoy looking the pictures at least I have a little idea of how Frankfurt looks like. They are like postal cards and I like postal cards in general that's why I have a collection of different countries 'postal cards with me.
Meanwhile I read some brochures that I got to prepare a trip to Germany. Interesting! Yes they are really interesting I will maybe visit at least one city of Germany during this Summer 2015 I really want to be a little bit adventurer. My Carnet de Voyage must have more nice stories and discoverings (wink!) It's always good to be prepared in advance before traveling who knows? It can be the best trip ever. I would love to go to Spain. I want to see la Corrida, la Sagrada Familia, the Antonio Gaudi's Art work and many other things and monuments.Yes... I know I still have to work on my Spanish. No problema!
I keep some brochures to prepare a trip to Germany
Then, I received some Jo Malone's perfumes samples. Yes guys! I like these samples. Jo Malone makes many goodies such as candles, perfumes, colognes, body and hair care. Perfumes samples are no longer easy to get I remember some sellers telling me that samples are expensive to make now so you can imagine how happy I was when I opened my gift box and saw them inside. You know how much I like and love perfumes and candles. Jo Malone's perfumes smell so good and fresh! I like the fact that her perfumes can stay all day long because they are concentrated.

 The ones that I got have a fruity scent and others have a floral scent. I am Not disappointed at all, I simply like them all!
Some of the Jo Malone's perfumes samples that I received

I will definitely buy my own bottle of perfume from Jo Malone soon. I have never tried her candles and bath products I guess they are as good as the perfumes that she makes.Talking about candles have you ever tried Whitney Houston's favorite candles? If you like candles like I do then why don't you check out the website of these candles. Her sister in Law Pat Houston, makes them in memory of Whitney. Those candles are inspired by Whitney Houston so if you are a fan I guess you will like them especially if you like God (Just read the description of each candles). I like the design I like everything about those candles really! Here is the website: http://www.marionpcandles.com/ I guess Marion is Pat Houston's other name (Whitney's sister in law who is in charge of these products but correct me if I am wrong)
 You can buy one or two in order to try them if you want and to have an idea of the smell (Scent). You see what I mean? Like how good it smelled in Whitney's house with these candles around in her place. Yes! they are fine ones you know she had fine taste.
Whitney Houston's favorite candles
Like I always say, I like to discover new things. So I had a hand crafted soap made by Amara with natural ingredients. For my new year gift, I also got that natural soap made of Chocolate and Mint and you can actually smell the chocolate and mint on you. It's amazing and natural! The company that produces it makes different types everything is naturally made and if you are curious to visit their website and see what they sell here it is:  http://www.amarasoaps.com/ They also have a Facebook page you can like it! I also got some essential oils in a nice little box. My family knows about my passion for scents since my young age. Early on my age I was always looking at my mum's perfumes and try to remember the name or the brand with the smell. My mum had a really fine choice of perfumes. Once she bought one I could just opened it smell and remember the name. Whenever I met a woman wearing a perfume that I remember the smell I would tell her the name of the perfume on her. They (Women) were usually amazed. I guess I lost a little bit of my nose ability anyway...Yes! Essential oils are important I can do many things with them...
Amara soap (chocolate and mint)

Some essential oils and my chocolate&mint soap

What else did I get? Ok...I got these two nice scarves of Alpaca Diana. Diana Alpaca is from Peru . I received a purple and a blue one. Once again it's a finely hand made work with a nice shape I am not disappointed at all. It feels so soft on your hands, on your skin and it is really good for a chilly or cold weather. It's like holding a teddy bear in your arms. That type of fabric is so nice and good it's like a lama's fur. I need such scarves to protect my neck properly because I easily catch cold. I just recently went back to Texas and I have already caught another cold. I first caught it in December and it was so bad I could not do a lot I was stuck at home. Then here I am again with another one.
My two Alpaca Diana scarves
 
And the last one gift are two boxes of chocolates!! Chocolate can never be forgotten right? I think I am really addicted to the Ferrero Rocher I am sure you know what I am talking about. When  I start eating one I can be done with an entire little box the same day. I know it's scary I should be careful with it. Really they are addictive because they are so good with the hazelnuts! The others are some Ghirardelli dark chocolate with mint. I love it! Talking about mint and chocolate I remember president Obama said once that his favorite ice cream was mint with chocolate chips. Well, I thought it was funny and a good taste! I was not into mint with chocolate I mean I have never thought trying it until I decided to do so and I like it since then. Yes, now I understand
 
This Summer (My summer) should be better prepared than the one I had few years ago. Last year it was a little bit on a rush. I have now many brochures that I read and this time around, I will get the best out of my vacations. I will see if I can make it all but I will first visit my family I miss them so much! So the first destination this Summer will be France and the rest will follow.... and...What about...London? What about Spain? In Spain there are so many nice monuments, great artists. What about Burkina Faso in Africa? I like this country too. Hum....Ok! I will see how, when and where.
 
Have you ever been in Iceland? I wonder how it is there...Just curious I have never been there maybe someday. I am sure it's a cold place but the pictures of the natural landscape are so nice! I read on a document in internet that Iceland is one of the best countries in the world where life is good. I mean by good, economically like everybody lives well there. Sometimes it's good to be a little bit adventurer . I mean like being opened: Exploring that country is also a good thing maybe there are many opportunities who knows? However it's always good to gather information first before jumping in the adventure. My brother in law shared us a nice link about Iceland. Interesting! I read it you might want to check it out: http://stuckiniceland.com/places-to-see-in-iceland/icelandic-road-trip/ 
A calendar and Magazines with pictures of Iceland.

I think I share a lot about the beginning of this year 2015 in this little post. I hope you like what you saw.  This Is It!!! Thank you for reading!
 
  MJ "This Is It"


No comments:

Post a Comment