Sunday, April 15, 2012

Paris! Paris! Paris!

Paris! Paris! Paris!

I love that perfume!!


A picture from the facebook of  "Vivre Paris" profile (translation: "Being single in Paris")
 
 The Eiffel Tower

When we say France, they think about, the Cannes festival for movies, refined cuisine, the Eiffel Tower, Coco Chanel, Lyon one of the most beautiful city in France. We also think about wine, great Fashion shows, Castle of Versailles, Christian Dior, Le Louvres, the singer Edith Piaf but mostly we think about Paris the capital city for lovers and Arts. For me it is always a great pleasure to go to France and to visit Paris la Belle!! The sky in Paris is so clear during the summer, it is hot and people have fun around. There are so many tourists from many countries who come to visit Paris. When I walk in the street of Paris I always feel this fresh breeze of the Seine with a scent of the flowers around. I can sit for hours in a park with an ice cream observing people having fun, lovers kissing and holding their hands. I enjoy looking at the Eiffel Tower and see how people take pictures, dancing, jumping in the water pool.
(I must clearly precise that most of the pictures are not mine. I took them from random websites. I liked them and I thought they could fit this page of my blog)

I can also be standing there on the bridge and look at tourists in the ships sliding on the Seine river. What I think is so incredible about the Eiffel Tower is the fact that everywhere that I was in Paris I could see her far behind or in front depending of the position I found myself in. At night she is beautiful because of her lights. I can never be tired to observe this tower from day and night. Summer is maybe the good moment to make some nice encounters in Paris or to fall in love.
 Champs Elysees Avenue

 The Louvres
 

Once arrived in Paris, we want to visit the museum of Louvres, The opera of Paris, Notre Dame de Paris, the Castle of Versailles…But mostly the Avenue of Champs Elysees! Every time that I walk in this avenue I always hear this famous French song “O Champs Elysees!” I always remember that when I left the metro station to get into this mythic avenue, the first thing that captivated my attention was the architectural style of the buildings, some trendy shops around. I could also see way In front of me the Arc of Triumph standing in the center of this Avenue. I saw some boutiques like Louis Vuitton, Zara, and Sephora… I liked the automobiles stores, the restaurants; I liked "La Duree’"s ice cream it is good quality ice cream. Most of the places in Paris are full of pigeons so do not be afraid (Like me lol!). The TGV is the fastest train in France and I could see many landscapes at a time. From Paris I took the TGV at Montparnasse the train station.

Me standing in front the Eiffel Tower

trip on the Seine that Tourists like to do
 

I really enjoyed my vacations last year. I really had a lot of fun! I visit my family and it was such a precious time spent together.  There are other areas that I liked in France such as Nantes where I spent nice good times! I know that Nantes has a special History. I don't think people should stop to Paris only because there are other towns like Rennes in the Bretagne area that people can like to visit. Rennes is a little city for university students where we can find a lot interesting places to visit. The ancient French culture. A peaceful city where you can see some old buildings built by people many centuries ago. Not so far there is the well-known Mount St Malo. What I enjoyed eating there was a traditional dish named “La Galette Bretonne.” This dish is accompanied with a type of apple wine that they call the cider. It is drunk with la “galette bretonne.” It is a recipe that I can share later in my note. The “galette bretonne” is almost a type of crepe but done with a dark wheat flour with eggs and ham. It is yummy! People use to cook it at home and drink it with apple cider. There are also many other good and yummy recipes from this French area. The French cuisine is diversified. It is also known to be one of the best because of its quality.

That's exactly what I am talking about! A galette bretonne the way I like it! (Pic taken from a Chef website)

The cookies Galette Bretonnes
Actually I think there are three types of Galette Bretonnes, those cooked as a special crepe and the others are simply cookies and they are also called Galette Bretonne. They remind me my childhood. My mum used to put some of them in my bag to be eaten as some snacks at school.
 
  COCO Chanel a French really fine perfume brand for classy and fined ladies. If you like good quality, good smell and perfumes that can last for hours in your clothes then you like Chanel as well. I love perfumes, I think they bring colors and something special in our lives. I can be standing in store smelling different perfumes for hours,it makes me happy. I am probably addicted to it but I don't think it is a bad addiction. Beside Chanel I like other good perfumes French brands such as: Dior, Guerlain...I remember I went to the Guerlain store on the Avenue des Champs Elysees, it was awesome!! I was trying again and again all the different perfumes that they made. The people in the store were nice it was such a good experience!
 Mademoiselle Chanel by Coco Chanel.
If I have to talk about perfumes it will be a WHOle post in my blog because there is a lot to say about perfumes for sure.
 
 Comment vous sentez vous madame?

Next trip, I  hope to be able to visit more cities such as: Cannes, Annecy, Nice....and St Tropez why not? I know I will have a lot to visit and write about once there lol!

these are some memories of France that I dearly keep with me.

My little Tour Eiffel, Les Pyramides du Louvres, souvenirs of my favorite French product L "Occitane"

L'Arc de triomphe
 
Me standing in front of the Arc de Triumph
 I just thought I could share this little pic of me. 
 
Now that I am done with my post dedicated to France's lovers, here are some French songs that you may like enjoy! I am a big fan of French music too, you may not understand the lyrics but you can like the melodies. The songs are my selection they are from some of my favorite singers. I always think that listening to some songs is a good way to discover a culture. Just  close your eyes and imagine this picture: You in a sweet and nice apartment in a quiet neighborhood of Paris. You just wake up and you put some French songs You listen to them standing on the balcony feeling this fresh Parisian air. Next to you some good the Parisian newspaper, eggs, hot chocolate, some French croissants and a glass of orange juice.
If you have some experiences or memories of trip to share feel free to drop a comment I will be glad to read them Thank you and enjoy the music!
   
Celine Dion "S'il Suffisait d'aimer."
 
                          Helene Segara " L'Amour est un soleil" 
 
"
 
Florent Pagny;" Chanter"
 
Natasha St Pier ft Pascal Obispo "Tu trouveras"
 
 
Pascal Obispo "Je suis tombe pour elle"
 
Yannick Noah: "Les lionnes"
 
Yannick Noah "Si Tu savais"
 
France Gall "Evidemment"
 
Edith Piaf "Je ne regretted rien"
 
 
 Francoise Hardy "Ton Meilleur ami"
 
Laurent Voulzy "Belle Ile en Mer"
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment