Thursday, July 11, 2024

I Like to 🍳 Cook Too!

Hello dear Readers, this is a short post to share with you another activity that I like to do too. I like cooking 🍳 πŸ˜‹ and baking. I started learning to cook at age of 12 like many girls in my continent. Some even start earlier than 12. Cooking is fun! I like changing and discovering. I often like to watch videos of people cooking or reading recipes. My mother used to have recipes books from Martinique and Guadeloupe too. We would try to recreate these recipes at home 🏑 In my hometown many women had this serie of recipes πŸ“š books too. It is a small town WπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜… you would find them in many homes in the 90's. We would also have the Book entitled Recipes of the 🌞Sun ☀️ because Africa is a tropical continent for the most part. I also used to see my Mothers ( my mother and her sisters, my aunts) cooking back home 🏑 our local dishes ( food and recipes from my country Gabon πŸ‡¬πŸ‡¦) When we have family gatherings , ceremonies etc I learned how to make traditional dishes. Because of my background, I have also some French cooking knowledge. This is part 2 of my previous post on cooking that I did. I hope to do more of this kind of post in this blog. Baking an apple cake 🍎
Odika is something made from scratch in Gabon πŸ‡¬πŸ‡¦. it is local. it is used for cooking and giving a special taste to our food. Cassava leaves πŸƒ is something local in Central Africa in general but it can be cooked differently according to countries.
Palm nuts puree is used to cook too. We like to cook it in Gabon and some other countries in Africa yes.
I also like to cook other type of recipes
. These are other recipes from my country. I always try to adapt it with what i have in the country

No comments:

Post a Comment