Wednesday, December 15, 2021

How Far is This America🇺🇸

Whenever I see the statue of Liberty, my heart is moved. My God, so much meaning, so much history. Gift, talent, the people...This is a masterpiece. I am in love with that statue.I have respect for what it stands for. It gives me so much love for this country. America the beautiful Ok. so the title of my book is "How Far is this America" The book is out in Amazon. If you are interested you can just type my name on the search bar of Amazon.com, Laetitia Meyo It is in both versions French and English
It took me longer than I thought because of all the turns and situation I went through: 1/ Lost of the manuscript 2/ Moving and trips 3/ Gave birth to my son (with a difficult recovery of C section) 4/ family matters and work 5/ I had to re write everything again from the beginning (in French first then in English later) 6/ Translation and editing on my own 7/ Mom duties
* * * * English is not my language so I had to review and review on my own. It takes time in both French and English. I did more work than the previous book. I felt compelled to write a story on immigration. But there is more to that. America is a great country. America has a great History. I have always been impressed by it. My father loved that country very much from personal experience. America gave so much to people coming to start a new life. It gave hope to those who lost it. America gave a second chance. I am not talking about politics and politicians here because that's another story which I am not interested to talk about. I am talking about America, the people who made that country great. May God bless this country. Here it is now. My book is here. The other version will be published soon in amazon too. I am glad at last it is here. Please be patient on the small beginning. Discover the story of Valeine leaving her small land to go to America. Her friend Lea who is living there, invites her to find more opportunities. She will discover an America diferent from the one she expected to be. This is a story of dream, immigration,hardship. But also deception. settlement and love. Valeine as you can see is the main character of the book. Thank you to my friends and family for supporting me in this adventure of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment