Thursday, December 29, 2016

A Trip to Los Angeles

picture found in google.com
My trip to Los Angeles was an awesome experience! yes, I am still writing my Carnet de Voyage or my Pata'Color Carnet😇. For the first time I went to the West Coast of the US or should I simply say my first time in California? yay😄! Because yes of course I visited Salt Lake City in Utah. Is it the West coast as well?  Anyway if you haven't been in Los Angeles, you should think about spending few days or a week in the "City of the Angels." From Santa Monica to Hollywood Boulevard and from Hollywood Walk/ of Fame to Beverly Hills my touristic visit in L.A was unique😎! When we left the East coast early in the morning we arrived at LAX airport I was delighted by the weather, the landscape.
In Washington DC the weather was already cold and once there in Los Angeles, I enjoyed the difference because it was kind of warm and chilly at times because of the fresh breeze. Yes! Easy breezy Los Angeles!
What did I do or what can I recommend you to do?  There are good museums such as the Getty and many others. Always take a map of the city with you because it is huge. Get ready to walk a lot if you don't understand quickly their public transportation system. They have trains and metro in the city but I noticed that people used their own cars a lot. At the hotel I took some brochures and asked  what to do as a tourist. The receptionist at the hotel was really nice and helpful.
I was such in a mood to visit the city that on my second day we went to Santa Monica and to the beach of that area. Santa Monica is a nice area: There are many hotels, restaurants and a nice mall. I noticed that they have pretty long avenues like Santa Monica and Labrea avenues from which you can connect to different part of the city if you want to take public transportation as well. We ate at some restaurants with different taste and style.  For instance, I discovered the South Korean traditional food for the first time.
A street in Santa Monica www.patacolorcarnet.weebly.com

The day after we went to LA, we started visiting some main areas of the city because LA is really huge! We walked sometimes for hours and we used the public transportation as well.
Card for using the train in LA
I like the way people were in term of style because of course they do not have snow lol!😆 They enjoy the weather with simple outfits like the destroyed jeans, the cardigans, the gingham shirts, some sneakers etc. I mean most of the time I would see young people on skateboard often and on bicycle. They were like "gone with the wind" lol! Actually I like that easy breezy look! Once you pass this area such as Santa Monica, Hollywood Boulevard I mean the main town, you will then go to Beverly Hills area, Sinai...the fashion look is completely different. What I mean by that it was more high end brands such as Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Gucci, Givenchy well you name it. So you know that people in those areas have a very expensive lifestyle. We went to a shopping center of Beverly Hills just to visit around I think it is just interesting to see the differences between these different areas. However, personally to be honest I like my simple life...
       I observed that they have many different communities and a strong European presence such as the French, Italian, Irish but also from Asia. Actually I heard different international languages. It shows that Los Angeles welcomes many international people who certainly enjoy living there. I saw a nice bakery and I like the cute little French name they put on. I took the picture of it.
A French bakery in town
Santa Monica was a nice area of the city with the beach and many artists doing and selling their work. It feel special to be there and I even thought about a TV series that we used to watch. While we went to downtown to visit around we saw a group of young men going to a cultural national event. One of them had a Native American traditional outfit that he proudly wore in a little bit modern way and I found it original! He even stopped so that we could take a picture of him. Really that was kind of him! We truly appreciated that!
That was such a nice artistic outfit! Thank you for stopping for the picture!
Then, we walked along Labrea Avenue and we found ourselves right in the middle of Hollywood Boulevard. We later realized that we could have taken the metro straight to the Hollywood Walk of Fame which we did the day after. So once you come out of the metro exit you will meet Marilyn Monroe drawing something for Madame Tusseau. I liked it a lot so I wanted to take a picture with Marilyn. Beside, when we arrived at the hotel, the magazine offered in our room had her on the cover so...it was original! That was such a nice way to say welcome in the city of the Angels!
Me and Marilyn at Hollywood Walk of Fame
Michael Jackson' star at Hollywood Walk of Fame
You will find more pictures in my page at www.patacolorcarnet.weebly.com  where I share some of them. At Hollywood Walk of Fame I had the chance to see at last the stars of some of my favorite artists. It was a special moment for me because I have always dreamt to walk there someday. You will also see some artists performing there.
It was also a little bit scary at some parts of the street because there were two young men holding big snakes on their shoulders and they wanted to put them on you without letting you know about it. Really I could not take it at all. I didn't find it funny. Then, another one who had a strange and scary outfit and makeup on his face run after me ...I had to hide in the crowd so that he gave up following me. He had fun to see a tourist scared but that was not funny to me at all! But all in all everything was fun and good!
We went up to a building where we could see from the top view the Hollywood sign on the mountain and later we went to eat at a restaurant.
The trip was done the day after we went to the airport. It was few days but I had so much fun. Adventure is what I like. Discovering new things everyday how about that? I hope to write some new experiences soon. This is all about my Carnet de Voyage. My last trip of 2016 Bye!👯
Video (Experience plus VLog Los Angeles) in French


Facebook page: laetyblue/Posh Girl
Mon autre blogwww.patacolorcarnet.weebly.com
Chaine youtube: Posh Girl
Instagram: laetitiameyo
Tumblr: Laetyblue   http://lizzia7.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment