Saturday, October 17, 2015

Good Memories...


I had the feeling tonight to write about my good memories through some of my favorites songs and artists. When I say favorite artists it does not necessarily means that I agree with their opinions or something like that. It is basically the fact that I admire the talent that they have.You can actually find all of these songs on www.youtube.com. I thought I could just do for some of them a kind of intro videos and at the same time I will put the complete video clip of the song right below so that you can see the owners of the songs. You don't have to agree with my point of view this is personal but I just thought I could share some of them tonight. When I said intro I mean by that the videos that I made for these songs (some of them) I do not upload them on youtube.com there are just here on my blog on purpose. I think it is always good to remember the good times and I hope this post will take you back to these good memories. The videos that I made are pretty short I also did it on purpose.

Starting with Human Nature, the video that I made came a little bit from my imagination about that song. My imagination might not be perfect but I tried to make something the way I felt it. Human Nature is one of my favorites of all time because there is something special about that song. Whenever I hear that song it makes me want to walk by night in town. It also makes me want to relax, cross my legs and dream about that mysterious city that makes me sometimes think about New York city the way he describes it. And dream about meeting a mysterious character  somewhere(Smile) Well here is my video (Ok! I have to say... I am trying...but I had fun putting together all the pictures and videos of mine.)
That song remains one of the best because people still like and listen to it. To me it was one of MJ's masterpieces (Probably not the opinion of everyone but...This is my point of view)
This is the complete video here on www.youtube.com
Human Nature by Michael Jackson. Produced by Quincy Jones. Album Thriller (1982)

I recall the 90's! Probably because for some reasons I have lived so many important events in my life like the good and the bad. But you know what? good plus bad equal Good! Whenever you look back in your life, for some reasons, you happen to miss those moments. I have to admit that I like the 90's  there was something about these years and people were creative again and there were so many good movies, TV series etc.
I was probably...12 or 13 years old when I first heard the song in the movie "Free Willy" (the whale) then I saw the video clip. I recall that SWV was one of the best female groups of that time. What made that song special to me is the Human Nature part in it. That was the best version of that song to me. To me women were more elegant. They could be sexy without revealing too much.  "Right Here" I like the complete clip video like being in an island playing with water. The kids, the horses, the whales well the complete video is perfect and they all looked so great!
SWV "Right Here" Album It's About Time (1992)


Around 2003 I remember that special moment when I heard that following song for the first time. I was not really familiar with the singer but when I heard the song I liked it right away! It was an afternoon during the weekend in a city somewhere in the map of the world. My roommate was gone to visit her friends (she had many of them) I was usually on my own listening to music, cooking, watching TV or reading. I was so boring that day so I decided to make some waffles with a glass of milk. Then, I went to sit on the window of the apartment just to spend time and breathe some fresh air. We had a very nice view of the neighborhood I miss that apartment. As I was looking at our street I saw a group of teenagers preparing for a street volleyball game. They were boys and girls. But my attention was on a girl who happened to come out of her house in a rush to join them because she seemed to be late. As she was talking to her mum, doing her pony tail, they both put the radio outside in the yard to animate the nice little event that was happening in our street. You imagine the sound was loud but cool! So, the second song that was played on the radio was Still the One of Shania Twain. I found out about the name of the singer with a friend of mine later but I have never forgotten that song. It was cool because, I was not bored anymore I was watching at their little volleyball game and to me it was a funny afternoon.

At the end of the game I went downstairs to visit one of our neighbors who happened to go out as well. As we were talking she asked me if I wanted to go for a walk with her and of course I said yes! Here is the complete video clip of the song. I like the lyrics.
"Still the One" by  Shania Twain. Album "Come On Over" (1997)
In my room I would always have a radio played all night to listen to new music or old ones etc. So, one night on my radio in the room I remember I heard that following song: Listen to Your Heart by DHT. I guess you all know that beautiful song with good lyrics as well. I have never seen the real video clip but I post for you the one from youtube.com that I have found. Maybe the lyrics are for you too who knows? (Smile)
DHT Listen to Your Heart (2005)
 Sweet memories of the 90's.The next one is from Milli Vanilli. I love that song and the video clip. Girl I'm Gonna Miss You (1989)

I don't know how old I was when I first heard the next song. Hum...Maybe 9 or 10 years old? Humm...Well... I forgot! I don't remember. But that song was everything! This is a nice song for an afternoon at home when you do nothing special. You listen to music and you relax with your magazine, a cup of tea and some of your favorite cakes or cookies. You read and you think about nothing else...
 Cyndi Lauper "Time After Time." Album She is So Unusual (1983)

 The year when I felt homesick, thinking about my family and my country it brought me a feeling of...nostalgia. It still happens sometimes and it is normal. Marizia do Rosario is from Cape Verde a little island in Africa. Yes, I take you to the "tropical delights" like I like to say because it is another world and style. Marizia sings in Portuguese. In that song, she talks about her land and I thought that song was good for me too. I discovered it at the right moment of my life and because it reminded me of my land as well. I listen to Terra Franca often her voice is so magical. She has beautiful other ones. Her style of music is called Kizomba!
Anyway! This is how it feel to miss your land and your family.
 "Terra Franca" Marizia do Rosario, Album (1999)
Last and not least one my favorite singers from Gabon. Talking about loving my land this is one his songs that I like the most. We miss Oliver Ngoma. Nge is simply a poetic way to describe his land of Gabon. Whenever I listen to it I am nostalgic. Oliver Ngoma is an artist well known in many countries of Africa and French Caribbean. Nge was probably released in the early 90's. So the video is not new at all... That video was shot in his native rural area of Gabon situated in the little city named Mayumba. You can actually see the natural landscape etc. Nostalgia of Gabon. My last words tonight is to just say this: I want to see a new Gabon. A Gabon without unfair treatment to his people. A Gabon with peace...
Thank you for reading! Thank you for watching! I hope you like this post.
Have a great weekend!

I also invite you to visit : http://patacolorcarnet.weebly.com/carnet-de-voyage


No comments:

Post a Comment