Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!


Happy Valentine's Day!!!
First, I want to dedicate that song to all the people  (You) who are in love this year. Yay! 2015 with more Love!
 Fantasia "When I See You"

I just thought about writing something about Valentine's since February is the month of LOVE and the 14th is not far it's around the corner! Looking back at my other posts I saw nothing about Valentine's. Maybe because I didn't feel like I was concerned by it but life is a constant change. This year, I see things differently seeing couples makes me smile therefore, I wanted to make some suggestions for those who are going to celebrate it. It is going to be a special day to you guys yes, a special day to celebrate Love! I believe that Valentine's day should happen quite often in a couple's life not only the 14th of February but people are so busy nowadays. To me, Love is the best thing that can happen to someone. So if you have somebody in your life that you are in love with then, you should be happy. I want to bring some spark into your relationship and some smiling faces. This post has a lot of colors! Love is definitely in the air!
That is Not my picture. I just like the tender hug
Before the Valentine's day I wanted to give you some ideas. To me love is like this little candle that we must keep burning. Women you have a lot to do to make it happen. I wish I could be the person on your side helping you by organizing and making everything ready for the day/night but obviously I can't so let's start with some of my suggestions:
1/ Decoration:
     The colors theme are red and white (Everybody knows that!) To me, I like to make things a little bit different like putting other nice colors but it's ok if you want to stick with these two colors. So, I was thinking about why don't you decorate your place especially your room? Make it look good it doesn't happen every time so why not doing something special for the occasion?  Put your heart, all of your imagination and creativity. If you need to, and because you feel like you are too busy and you  have no inspiration right at the moment, you can always take a Magazine of decoration. It's is really helpful. You can just look what they did in the magazine and you can try to do the same with a little bit of your own ideas. You don't need to buy expensive items just the right colors and taste  of home are enough. As you can see the pictures that I have here, are not mine but I like them and I picked them for this post because I found that they were nice. Those pictures can help for creativity and inspiration. I made this special selection of pictures for you!
Don't forget the bathroom. You can be creative by doing something special in your bathroom too. Like I said it is rather important to work on your imagination a little bit: Why don't you organize a mini spa session at home for you and your partner? Relaxation time is always welcomed. I like that picture of the bathtub that I found. I remember few months ago I saw  in a store, a box containing some petals of roses which were actually some soap with a natural scent of roses! I found it really original and smart! Meaning that you don't have to clean after your bath the petals because everything is soap! they dissolve in the water.
 Don't forget the candles! Really, candles will  always be one of the best things for such moment. You can try candles with different shapes and colors. Like this picture below you can buy some floating candles but you don't have to.
 We don't need  expensive items just your imagination and love are enough! Look at the picture of this glass below with a candle inside. I like it!! So original!
You can write a nice note to your partner. On this note you can say all the best things you think about him: What you appreciate he is doing or has done for you or/and your family. What he brought into  your life...Good and positive things it's comforting.


 2/ Prepare the present/gift
You are supposed to have it at home already. I don't like the last minute choice. The gift or present must be in a nice package a little bit like in this picture below for example. Yes, the presentation is important please no "squirrel style package!" What I mean by that it's a package that you did in a rush. When you care about somebody you do things nicely right?
 What kind of present for him? Let's see...Maybe you noticed that he likes particular items or something miss in his belongings. Things that he really needs and he always forget to buy. Something that should be useful. So, I came up with this little list of gifts:
A watch (Take a good and nice one)
For the romantic people I suggest a perfume for men (If you choose perfume make sure that it's from a good brand and the fragrance match with his personality otherwise he won't like it) Some men do not like strong fragrances. Other will go for a Eau de Toilette. I heard someone saying on TV that he didn't like fragrances at all...Really it depends.
 Maybe he likes music what about a good earphones.  (No cheap ones please! They won't last at all I am serious) If the person means a lot to you then offer something valuable.
A thermos: Let's say he is a busy person he has no time for a good breakfast at home before leaving to work so what about a good Thermos? Especially when it's cold outside.
A nice tie. He will always need it.
Lol!! I was thinking about a special Beer why not? Some like good ones.
Some good sunglasses.
His favorite sport team's tee shirts and cap. Let's say he is a fan of Dallas Cowboys or he is a fan of San Antonio Spurs...Ok! something like that or a ticket for a match.
A good camera for those who like adventures, getaways.
some nice pair of socks and shoes.
A new "I" whatever it is: IPad, IPhone (If he likes tech items) or think about some good gadgets
A book. You know his favorite authors then buy him a book of his favorites ones.
A nice sweater and a backpack.
If he likes music buy him some CDs of his favorite songs or artists. Put your name and the date on the cover.
A gift card for Starbucks or Target for example. He might need it.
Maybe he needs a new wallet. Sometimes they forget to buy new ones.
An agenda if he is a busy person.
Pictures of you both nicely presented in a picture frame.

Well, I tried to come up with a good list of presents/gifts. I hope it is going to help.
Make it the memorable day of your life.
Guerlain perfume: "The Best day of My Life" written on the card
 Then,
3/ It's Cuisine Time!
What about a romantic dinner! You just need to prepare something special but simple. Hum... I think it should be simple and healthy recipes because you also have to take care of yourself too . Ok! Make sure that everything is ready and don't forget: Always a nice presentation. I know some women will say: " Who is going to cook? I have no time for that!" Ok! Maybe you prefer to go to the restaurant or maybe you can order something for delivery at home. To me what you make on your own is usually the best way to show a proof of care and love. You can google simple recipes for the occasion. Google knows everything! I like the picture of the presentation of this table!
 Don't forget your champagne or wine and don't forget your dipped strawberries too! You can order some or just buy them at the store. Put them on a nice plate!

4/ Self Pampering Time!!
Hello! Don't forget about pampering yourself. Yes! Ladies you need to look good too! Please don't look like a  scarecrow when opening the door with a wooden spoon on your hand and smelling foodie. Just  because you were so busy and you are doing things too late and trying a new recipe at the last minutes. I know it can happen and I can imagine the picture in my mind already this is disappointing (For goodness sake don't do that please). If it happens and that time is short then simply get ready to go to the restaurant.  Maybe you can go shopping a little bit hours before if you think something is not enough...You know what I mean right? (wink!)
Nice dress! Picture from W Magazine! I love the picture!
    What to wear? I was thinking about a nice red dress but it doesn't have to be a red one ok? I said red because it's the color of passion and it's also sexy and it's a match with the theme colors. What is important is to be charming just get a nice dress that will show the nice lady that you are. To me if I were you I would definitely choose a dress but some women prefer pants so we all have different choices.
  Ok! Added to these special ladies things  this is what I suggest:
This set of Lancôme.

These Lancôme's set is  so good. These products make you feel good and relaxed!! The green one which is a gel douche has mint in it and it has a fresh scent. Then, imagine how you can feel after your shower lady you will like it. I bought them at Macy's last month but I recently saw them on amazon and the price was surprisingly way affordable then I bought another set again because I like it a lot! So yes why not? It is just a suggestion. There are many other interesting cosmetic brands out there...

 The Body Shop (Mostly everywhere in the world)
I like The Body Shop I am sure you do too! I especially like their fruity body scrub and body butter. Your skin will probably need a little bit of scrub to smooth it. By the way what about L'Occitane en Provence the French boutique for body and hair care I know they usually have special goodies for women and they always have good deals. I like everything they sell  and they are everywhere: http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/ and http://usa.loccitane.com/
 You can buy a natural  Eau de Cologne or a good body mist for this special occasion if you don't like perfumes.
Picture of Juicy Couture
Don't forget to style your hair a little bit and don't forget your make up. You can go online and watch some tutorials video for Valentine's day make up. Don't do things too complicated or difficult because you can end up being frustrated when you don't do it perfectly. So be you yourself, be simple.

5/ The kiddies and your pets
 Do you have a pet at home? A cat or a dog or any pets? Fishes are ok they won't jump everywhere in your place. They just need the normal amount of food of the day. However your pet and your kids, you don't want too much distraction. Ok...I think you should see if you have friends who can take care of them that night or if not then, you will have to find a way to make them sleep on time. Hoping that they will understand it's time for mum and dad ok?! Maybe you can put the TV in their room if possible and put some Disney's cartoons or simply kids music. I really like nursery rhymes they learn a lot from them. Make sure to check on the children and that they sleep well and safe.
   About the pets: Cats are usually not difficult (Don't forget to clean the litter ) but dogs can be a little bit stubborn especially when they want to play and they are used to sleep on your bed. Maybe some toys and soft dolls for dogs will help. Make sure that they have their time out they need to whatever they need to do out. Don't forget their food, enough water and the couch. Some pets like music too so put some music for them and check sometimes to see if they are not making mess somewhere in your place like: Eating in the fridge, chewing some important items...Or if they are ok all night. 
      Now that everything is done and ready it's now relaxation and precious time for both! Don't forget to put music on because music soothes the soul.
I have one for you to discover but this one is from Africa. This is what happen when two strangers fall in love on a blind date. Wonderful! Love is in the air...So Enjoy!
Wiz Boy ft Teeyah "Lovinjitis." I love that song!


To men
In case you have no ideas this is what I suggest you should be doing:
Buy a nice Valentine's card and present/gift to your lady. There are so many nice things for women it should not be difficult to choose something for her. Please don't forget some flowers and chocolates box Thank you!!! If you don't have time to stop somewhere or you are maybe busy and too far to make it on time you can order some online. I did it for my sister last year it came right on time the delivery was well done and flowers were nice! Perfect! I ordered them in this website: http://www.1800flowers.com. So, make her feel that she is special to you and the only one. In the card tell her how much you love her and what she represents to you. Please if possible try to look good for the occasion. 
We like when everything is nicely done.

Presents/Gifts for her
These are what I think a woman would like:
A nice scarf from a good brand with a nice design.
Eau de toilette or perfumes. There are many of them but the good brands are the best because they last and they won't irritate the skin. Please choose a fragrance that matches her personality
A purse and a wallet
A nice watch or jewels: a necklace, bracelets, earrings...
A portrait of both of you (This is so sweet! Awwww)
Maybe she likes to read, buy her a good book too.
A make up set from Sephora for example.
An agenda if she is a busy woman and she sometimes forgets what she needs to do. No worries it happens to anybody and an agenda will help.
A set of spa products.
If she likes music some CDs of her favorites songs or artists. Don't forget to put your name and date on the cover.
If she likes crochet like me or if she likes to knit, buy the materials that she will need and a book for it.
You can buy a spa session for her or both of you.
If you don't have a pet at home and she always wanted to adopt one maybe you can adopt one for her and bring the puppy or the kitty at home in a nice box. She will be happy.
Some Gift cards if she like to do shopping.
A nice dress that she will remember for this special day for example.
Pair of shoes. You choose.
 Yesterday I was talking to my friend on the phone and I told him maybe he was time for him to settle down with his girlfriend you know like to propose. I know he loves her so it's time and I will definitely help him choosing the ring this week. I think in Valentine's Day women would like to see it happen. So...yes maybe you can do that too.

I also think that it's a good idea to surprise her.
Ok, I tried to write a list...I hope it will help.

In a Good mood!
Men don't need to do a lot because women are doing most of the things. About the mood, just be at least positive and caring. Show more attention no football games no sport TV channel at that moment  please and bring a good mood at home. Your presence means everything! If you want you can take her for a romantic dinner at the restaurant or cook with her you will have so much fun doing it together! You can also take her out in town to see a piece of theatre like a musical comedy or simply go to the movies. Don't hesitate to hold her hand
 

Now! The single ladies (smiling).
 I don't know how it feels to be a single man it's maybe the same thing... A little bit. This is funny we are in the same ship though and thanks God it's not the Titanic! Few years ago I wrote in one of my older post how it felt so sad to be alone. I recently changed my mind really no it's not so sad! I read some stories, listen to some friends' experiences. Well, I still think that it's smarter to be single than being with the wrong person and be unhappy. I think it's not that bad to be single. It's just a time to know yourself more and to set your goals. 
So from now if you are in group of friends who are in couple don't be sad just know that it will happen to you someday. It's always good to see the positive side of what we are going through in life. I believe now it's just the time to learn what it takes and what is a successful relationship. What you have learned you will bring this knowledge into your future relationship to make it work. It's also important to know that there is no perfect relationship. It's a decision to love somebody and it sometimes requires some compromises. When you love somebody you prove it. Many authors wrote and share their personal experiences and what we should and should not do. I realized that we, humans can easily take things for granted. What you have some people would like it too but they can't. So, I am convinced that the right person will come into your life and you will be surprised when it will happen and you will know how to take care of him or her and how to appreciate the person. I do believe it! It may happen this week or next week or next month or next year but it will definitely happen.
That is why it's important to not give up on Love and keep believing. Personally I don't give up...Keep smiling because the day will come. I now understand that disappointment or break up will happen it is ok but what is important is how we deal with it. The way I see it: The person didn't see the good woman or man that you are and he/she didn't deserve you. There is no need to be sad about it. I want to share with you what I wrote on my tumblr page last year . This is my personal quote and vision of life that I keep in my mind everyday and I love it I have never removed it: " Life is Good! Be Happy! Stay Happy! The other one that I like to say and I think it's God who has put it in my mind as well:" A lady is a lady" I don't know if it makes sense in English but that's me thinking I will explain it in my next post. I like to post nice pictures that I like!  
Make your place a happy place for everyday, put some music, chill!. I like music and dance and Celebrate Valentine's Day!! You deserve it too! Single people can also celebrate it right?! Now let's have a glass of champagne! Cheers and Smile!
Just be careful with the laptop on the bathtub
 Before ending this post I wanted to share with you something: I love this Celine Dion's song "That's The Way It Is" . I like Celine Dion she is a great artist. She is one of my favorite females artists.  The year when I first heard the lyrics of that song I felt like she was personally talking to me. I bought the CD and the DVD album the same day. Since then "That's The way It Is" remains one of my favorite Celine Dion's songs. Her album "All The Way" is excellent!! (all of her albums actually) The song is full of hope and I love it because what she sings is true. I also loved the way she is dressed in this video. She is Perfect! Enjoy!   
 Celine Dion "That's The Way It Is"

I hope you were inspired by the lyrics of this song. We learn everyday...Remember life is a constant change. Now, I guess I am done with this Valentine's post. I am glad I wrote about Valentine's Day this year I didn't want to do it before but now I did! I am glad I did it and I  had so much fun doing it!  Thank you for reading I hope it gave you little ideas to make it a good day!
Once again Happy Valentine's Day guys!
Laetitia
picture of Louboutin's page

No comments:

Post a Comment