Friday, March 14, 2014

Being Single, Living Single

Picture from Henri Bendel's facebook (I love the picture I felt like it matches this post)
Do you know how it feels to be lonely? It's probably the reason why I decided to write this post about being and living single.
Like some of you I know what it means to be a single lady. I know what it means to live by yourself. I guess many of you who will read my post, will understand what I talk about. I believe that there are the pros and the cons of being single. But still being lonely is not ...a good feeling at the end of the day...really not (Smile)
The positive aspect of being single is probably the fact that you can do whatever you want to . There is a certain freedom to do whatever you want for instance:
You can wake up late or early  during the weekend it all depends on how you feel.
You can cook and eat whatever and whenever you want.
You are free to be lazy sometimes and it is ok to be lazy when you do not have strength because you were busy and overwhelmed with so many activities during the week.
After going out for shopping. It's ok to have your clothes on the floor because you just do not feel like you want to organize things right away you can do it later. (Please  do not confuse with being messy and dirty or unclean...)
You can be back to your place late or early. You like your place in a certain style you choose the decoration and everything.
enjoying a bubble bath like Betty Boop!
You can take your time taking a bubble bath like all the ladies. You like to sing or put a good music to relax. Nobody will be knocking at your door and say: "Hurry up now! I have an appointment scheduled! Try to be fast there!" See? it's sometimes not cool right?!

or having a warm bath with good music to relax!


The negative sides of being single are probably more in my list because loneliness is one of the most difficult thing to live. Some studies in psychology show that people who had companions  (or husband) even a pet lived longer than those who were single and lonely.
When you are single you must do all by yourself. You must be strong and think twice and fast. Nobody will help you find good ideas over a difficult situation let alone an emotional support.
If you do groceries or shopping you will do it yourself nobody to help you carrying heavy bags to home.

   You listen to music and you can feel melancholy. Nobody to make you happy or make you smile. This is such a sad situation...
You can't share your thoughts about what happened at work or at school. I mean nobody to listen to you if your heart is heavy and sad. You have no shoulder on your side to cry. You cry alone. If you are happy you are happy alone nobody to share the reason of your happiness. If you are sick you have to take care of yourself alone.
You go to the park alone. You eat at the restaurant alone. You go to movies alone...
Just to name few of them and it looks like there are more sad notes in the single life (Maybe it's me I don't know). I do not think that being alone or lonely is a good thing but when you have no choices you simply deal with the situation. I don't want to be negative I just say the facts.
         People always say being single It maybe the best time of your life I always wonder why they say such things. They are probably right but on the other hand I believe that it's all about one's experience. Something that I personally realized with life it's that there is never a perfect 100% situation. For example, you might think that I like being here but at the same time I do not like this or that situation. You always have to make a choice anyway and assume the consequences as well. Let's say for example you do not want to be single anymore because you cannot handle this loneliness anymore. Once married there are decisions to make. You basically accept to compromise and give up a part of your freedom. You have to change some little  "bad" habits which can be irritating to your partner.( I heard so many stories about it). At the end of the day you definitely have to make a choice, a decision  and simply assume it.
My conclusion of this post will be a thought. This is what I think: " Let's try to be happy when being single and when married" I do not say give up on finding Mr or Mrs Right. Always keep hope for love.  It is really not easy but you don't want to feel sad or bitter. You want to keep smiling and smiling will attract people (Something that I myself am learning still and I admit it is not easy) But life is precious and we want to take a good advantage of it. What I do it's to do what I enjoy to do in my free times to avoid feeling loneliness. I avoid listening to sad music and I think a pet is a great thing in the house because it brings comfort. I embrace who I am and by the time I am waiting for Mr Right I try to set up a plan of my life and my personality should be once engaged. I should envision my life in the future. It's simply like trying to get ready (through readings, people's advice...) for the possible new part of my life.

       Another happy note on my thoughts: I am a huge perfume lover and I think perfumes have some meanings and should be wore according to how you feel or your status. For instance, like I said earlier I should embrace who I am at this moment and I always thought that Chanel perfumes:

Coco "Mademoiselle" Chanel

Coco "Mademoiselle Chanel"  because  I am a "Mademoiselle" meaning single for now and it means for me to enjoy my single life for the moment because it wont last long... maybe. Then, "Chance" of Chanel because it reminds me that I should always take a chance in my life and it gives me hope and luck that I would be able to meet  the right partner someday.  "La Petite Robe Noire" of Guerlain, representing an elegant lady.
Guerlain : "La Petite Robe Noire"

Marilyn Monroe holding Chanel's perfume (She said in an interview back in the days that she only wears Chanel perfume at night)





Coco Chanel Number 5, "Miss Dior Cherie" of Dior because the warmth and the spice they bring a happy note in my life's melody. They help me to embrace my womanhood, me being a woman and feeling good and beautiful. Also I like Lancôme perfumes for the same circumstances almost. For example "La Vie est Belle" of Lancôme because Life is indeed beautiful when we decide it should be this way. I like the smell of  "Pleasures" of Estee Lauder. These perfumes' design and smell is so fresh and wearing them reminds me that I should allow my life to be happy and I should be proud of this precious life and being single is not the end of the world it is just another window to see life in general. These are the right perfumes to use during this period of my life (That's me thinking! that's my opinion I don't know about you...)

Miss Dior Cherie
If I was a single man I will choose those of Yves St Laurent which are: "La Nuit de l'Homme" and "L'Homme" because you re indeed "The Man". I like to smell both. I think they are just good ones

"L'Homme" Yves St Laurent

"La Nuit de L'Homme" Yves St Laurent


I hope you like my post if you have  some comments feel free to drop them in the box below I will gladly read them Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment