Saturday, April 12, 2014

Milli Vanilli



Milli Vanilli!!!
(Just remembering Milli Vanilli)
Yes, I know it's old but guess what?! I miss this group so much! I do not have a lot to say about this R&B pop group that I like. My tribute here will be really simple. I Just want to remember the good times when these two handsome guys were entertaining us with their dance. I recall some of their songs because at home it was on TV everywhere and I was a child when these two guys were famous. They had an original style  that I liked ( I mean their clothes, their hair...everything!) the group Milli Vanilli was composed of two young men: Fab Morvan and Rob Pilatus. For some reasons I always thought that it was an English group. Hey! No! I was wrong! I found out that one is actually French and the other was from Germany. Amazing right!? because they were so fluent in English I like their accents when they were speaking during interviews. Unfortunately, the group had not a happy ending due to a lip-synching scandal...well something like that) and the sad note of the story is that Rob Pilatus passed away in 1998 in his early 30 something. Gone too soon he was so young... (RIP Rob). No matter what people say, I still think that they were both talented (Some of you will probably have another opinion) and I always wished to see these two guys back together and sing. While looking for recent news about Fab Morvan I read in some articles that he has a solo career now.
I still do not get the way they were treated. I think that people were too hard on them. Yes they made a mistake and it happens moreover we know that we are all humans. Also, when you like somebody you are supposed to support and stand by him/her in the good and the bad times. It looks like the entertainment world has no mercy...There is too much pressure.
"On Oprah Channel the TV show"Where are They Now" Fab Morvan the last Milli Vanilli is talking about what happened and what is happening now

Conclusion: This is a story that many young people should learn from. The lesson is not to be naïve in that business and know what you are doing or signing.

  Who can forget the songs: "Girl You Know it's True"
                                           "Baby Don't Forget My number" the video of this song was so funny.
                                          or this one: " Girl I am Gonna Miss You"
Guys! That was a good time!!  I want to thank these guys they were good! This tribute is just a way to say that they are not forgotten at all. I miss you Milli Vanilli! I miss those times! We like both of them.
I will simply share some of the songs from www.youtube. I hope you will enjoy them. If you have any comments feel free to drop them in the box below. I will be glad to read them! Thank you!
Here are the songs! The good old time! Enjoy and have fun!! (Smile) I am getting nostalgic now...
"Girl You Know It's True"
 
 "Girl, I am Gonna Miss You" (and we definitely miss Rob Pilatus too...) That song reminds me of the good times I had during vacations...
 
"Baby Don't Forget My Number"    ( "Love is stronger than tender " Lol!!This one always makes me laugh it's so funny!)
 
"Blame it on the Rain" (1989)
 
Recently, Fab Morvan sang 'Girl You Know It's True"  as a tribute for himself and  Rob Pilatus when they were both Milli Vanilli. It was really emotional and it feels so strange to see him singing this song alone when we were used to see them singing together! Just watch the video. Thank you for reading this post
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment