Monday, May 27, 2024

Massachusetts

And just like that many family memories came back to me after I talked about how the lady ( my host mother) treated me and my brother when we were young. Knowing how difficult it was to be away from our parents. She did not care at all...But everyday we learn from life. I have no more resentment and no anger just Love. Actually, I hope to go back there to revisit my past and I will not hesitate to go to her home, greet and hug her. I want to greet the complete family because yes, they are a part of me anyway. I already speak with one of the sons, I ask for their news often. So, yes I have moved on. God allowed them to be in the story of my life and Everything He does is good. May God give me life and money for this trip. I have been praying to go back to Cotonou. Revisiting my childhood. Revisiting this sad past...so my little Me would at last find the peace of soul. The little me is still crying I guess. I must make peace with my little Me and move on. It will be so difficult to stand in Cotonou international airport again after many years...I know that I will break into tears but I really need to do it. People will not understand only me and God can. I already imagine myself visiting all the people who played a role in my life there and the places where I lived. I will forever be connected to Benin in a way. Forever I will. This is a song that reminds me of the best times I had with my parents before all that happened. I grew up listening to African music in general, with French and British music but also American music. It was a range of talents and culture to which I was exposed. I listened to music from the 60's up to the early 90's. Now that I am back in America, I would love to visit the State of Massachussetts someday because I love that song so much. Every night my father would play it. My parents were immigrants for some period of time in America. My father went first to study and then later they came back to do some training. They left Seattle to go back to Gabon when My Mom was pregnant of me. She gave birth in Libreville in 1980. Yep! that was me. I grew up in Libreville my little capital city but my parents who had all their stuffs back from America made me discover the American culture in a way. I know she could have given birth to me in Seattle but my Mom wanted to be close to her aunt (my grand aunt) and family because it was our culture. (Maybe you read my two posts on "Remembering a Part of Me" I have the last part left that I must finish soon) I was often dancing this song with my older sister... Massachusetts of the Bee Gees
Ok! Life flies. I hope you all enjoy your week dear readers. make thebest of it. Remember to always make peace with your past Do not dwell in it. Life is a book Life is your diary in which you write all your days. Look how beautiful life is. Me, I bless God for everything that happened to me because I believe it was a part of my diary. It was a part of the book of my life.
I close this post with this beautiful song of Ben King "Stand by Me" This is for real and true Lovers. This is for you guys (and for me too lol!). "Darling, Darling stand by me... O! Stand by Me" beautiful lyrics. I will see you later. Thank you for reading and good night

No comments:

Post a Comment