Friday, June 26, 2015

It's Gourmet Time!


Yes, it’s Gourmet Time!

My sister and I decided to eat Asian these days because we like to eat different sometimes. I personally do not like routine. My mom cooks a lot for us even though we like to eat mom’s food we still need to eat something different and she perfectly understands. My sister likes to invite us to restaurants because among us all she is the real “gourmet.” She has her way to cook which can take more hours for the reason that she likes to eat good and fine food. When eating, she likes to say that: “Eating is Art and a lifestyle.” It looks like she is influenced by the French philosophy when it comes to eat healthy. French gastronomy is known to be one of the best in the world. I guess I am not that good at this Art (smiling) but at least I know some basics. I can be a gourmet when I want to be and when I have time. I can appreciate good food but for the most part I am simple in my choices.

(I would like to precise that the pictures that I will share here are mine but they are not professional ones for the moment. I took them myself with my camera. I hope to be able to do better with time. Thank you for your comprehension)

We agreed to eat Asian tastes to start because she likes it a lot. We went to “Aspsara” a Cambodian little restaurant (at Cesson Sevigne in Bretagne.) The thing with this little restaurant is not the size but what they cook. I like the simple decoration especially the painting on the wall of some Cambodian women dancing. I thought that this painting was really authentic and showed a part of their culture. The people who serve are themselves from there and they are really nice people! The ambiance is quiet with a traditional music. The little restaurant is full at times like 12 because most of the people who work in the area eat there. I definitely liked their spring rolls because the way they are cooked is so delicious! like yummy! You can order them from home to go and this is what we do sometimes. Most of the people who eat there like these spring rolls as well. Their spring rolls have some meat such as: chicken, pork… with some vegetables of course.
A simple decoration: some pink flowers, a special curtain and a nice painting
A painting showing women wearing traditional clothes and cultural dance. To me that was so original!
 As usual we started with a good appetizer
The soya sauce was a delight with some fresh lettuce and mint leaves
They served with a kind of natural fruit juice. I personally picked the Lychee one. That was such a refreshing delight! Then, we chose two different main courses. Sometimes, we like to choose the same dishes but most of the times we eat different! She had some pieces of pork cooked with caramel sauce and I ate a curry chicken. We both had each one of us a little bowl of Cantonese rice. At the end, as a dessert we each ordered two ice cream scoops another refreshing delight! That was all about Aspsara restaurant!

The pork with a caramel sauce.

Another one that we also like in Rennes (Bretagne, France)the Tizen!
 We decided to go for a Chinese taste different from the Chinese buffet. The name of this Chinese restaurant is “Tizen.” If you are looking for a more classic Asian restaurant with a bigger size, then you can go to eat at Tizen. The restaurant is in the huge building next to the little commercial center "Inter marche." Many People go to eat there when it is time for their break. There are many businesses and another restaurant around. The decoration is nice with some nice Chinese paintings plus a classic and simple decoration. The music and ambiance is relaxing. People who work there are really nice especially the lady who smiles every time. My sister really likes this restaurant and I liked it too! I will definitely go back to eat there. She told me that it is a new restaurant in the area and she usually goes to eat there.
They have a variety of appetizers such as special vegetarian spring rolls, good salads, special soups and many other ones. We both ordered two salads made of shrimps, soya, cucumbers…That were good and fresh!
The salad dressing was light and a little bit sweet. It was a delight! Yummy!
I picked a natural refreshing strawberry juice. For the main course, I had a plate of Pork with a “aigre-douce” sauce (sweet and sour sauce) with rice on the side. The pieces of pork were cooked with orange and some slices of pineapple. If you are not used to eat this kind of food you will find it a little bit too sweet
We also had a good dessert and a digestive natural tea! That tea was awesome I really mean it.That is all about the Tizen restaurant. If you are interested to know more on them just go to their website and discover what they have to offer. http://www.ti-zen.fr/ 
Eating exotic was a good experience to me. I will definitely eat some more Asian taste and other style too .
    We went to eat Breton at the creperie named La Gavotte. A creperie is a kind of restaurant that cooks different styles of French crepes and Galettes Bretonnes. I must say that the food was delicious and the service was excellent! I would definitely recommend this place to people who want to eat and drink local dishes. La Gavotte is one of the best creperies in the area.They welcome many tourists from different countries. 

They keep it real and simple. They keep it traditional and  original. I really liked it!
I like the traditional style on the table and on the walls
You feel like going in a traditional French kitchen
We drank apple cider in the bowls
 As you can see they are one of the best creperie in the area
"Here, you can lick your plate" (Translating from French the words written on the wall)
 
We ordered a apple cider traditionally made

 We ordered three galettes Bretonnes. Sorry I cannot recall their names but you can see the pictures below:
 On the first one you have some slices of salami, mushrooms, cheese, tomatoes ...
 The second one had some mushrooms, tomatoes, ham, eggs and cheese
The third galette had spinach with some slices of duck's breast plus some slices of apples and a little bit of cheese
For the dessert we had:
The first crepe had some chocolate sauce, caramel and Lemon ice cream on top (They served each crepes with Chantilly cream on the side)
 The second crepe had some crumbles of granola or something like that (I don't remember exactly)plus some cream
The last crepe had some slices of apples added with slices of apricot, caramel sauce and a ice cream on the top.
This is pretty much what we had at La Gavotte. Everything was delicious! I really recommend that restaurant creperie to people who are going to visit Rennes in Brittany (Bretagne)
 I am looking to share more other tastes on this page. Thank you for reading!
With Love,Laetitia
























































































No comments:

Post a Comment